Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Time to stop "hoarding"?

wobblinwheel

Ok, I'm beginning to think it's time for some of us to stop "cleaning out" any and all ammo that happens to become available on any shelves anywhere. I believe, at least most of this radical, Liberal Democrat-induced "gun control" legislation will inevitably NOT become law. If some of you guys continue to buy-up EVERY PIECE of ammo you can get your hands on will surely continue to drive the prices out of reason, and will make sure that many of us unable to find, or afford (especially .22's) our beloved "cheap-to-shoot" handguns and rifles! "Sensible" buying practices seems to be the ONLY way things just might get back to "normal", or at least CLOSE. Cutting back on outrageous demand (hoarding), may just increase supply, and decrease these CRAZY prices! Just sayin'.......maybe we can actually begin to buy GUNS again, because we can actually find AMMO, and be able to afford to SHOOT!!

I hear ya, people that have never fired 1000 .22lr rounds in their lives are buying 5000 or more. But, just because the federal danger to our rights seems to have abated, many states are or have enacted draconian laws. Folk are stocking up. Easy to understand, but tough for the rest of us not to be able to buy any. I think that by summer you will see former hoarders off loading some of their stuff.

Why do I shoot 22lr? Because it's cheap and easy to take 1 or 2 bricks to the range and practice. When the price of 22LR is almost the same as 9mm or even 45 ACP, Hell..I just shoot 9 and 45. Hopefully this stuff will end soon. Not much reason to have a 1911 22LR, when the price of the ammo is almost the same as 45 ACP.

On a positive note shotgun shells are widely available and cheap. Box of 100, 12 guage, 8 shot about $20. A thrower is only about $50 or so. The clays are about $5 for a 100.  About every week or so, I'm at the range with my Weatherby semi auto with my son, and we're popping off 100 to 200 shells. I also have taken my old 870 and my Mossberg 500 out on occasion, and have reminde myself why I bought them. As for the Weatherby, not the most high class semi out there, but it's turned out to be a great introductory shotgun to the sport of clays, and has been very reliable with about 5000 rounds fired through it and no failures.

I've been buying a box of ammo or reloading components the 2 times a month I get paid and have been doing so for many years. The only thing I buy in bulk usually is .22 cause I to shoot an average of 1000-1500 a month, now less than a brick until it I plentiful again and reasonably priced.