Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

How did Santa treat you?

imschur

Did rather well, but then I did purchase them myself for the wife to wrap.

A 5:11 HRT Titanium Watch - the one with the sure shot calculator,

And a Bushnell Elite 1500 ARC laser range finder.

All I need now is the Kestrel 4500NV weather station, been waiting for the blue tooth enabled units to be launched.

And a Chronograph.

And all this whilst saving for my .308

One step forward, two back!

DM

Blurb says "About the SureShotâ„¢ ballistic calculator: 5.11 Tactical partnered with Horus Vision, makers of proven long-range ballistic software, to bring their technology to your wrist. Input your known ballistic data (bore height, ballistic coefficient, muzzle velocity and zero range), then add your environmental data (range, temperature, altitude, inclination) and the SureShotâ„¢ calculator will give you a shooting result in MILS, TMOA or SMO"

I like 5.11 (pronounced "five eleven") gear, shame it is so expensive in the UK, but then I am told it is not cheap in the USA.

I highly recommend their TDU Pants. I got a pair for a 3 week firearms course, involving multi positional shooting. Although, initially the knee pads looked thin, they did the job grand. They are cut well around the bum and upper legs, so if you are a slightly heavier guy, these will swallow you up without fear of splitting, or looking like you are spilling over the top.

Sales pitch finished.

My I filled out the paperwork ahead of time and my wife bought it for me. One of the pleasures of doing almost all our gun shopping in the same local store. That was the third one we bought this year from them along with plenty of ammo, at least one holster and a couple of knives.