Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Fun family shooting day

asmurff

All three of us went shooting today. It was the first time my step-daughter Tasha has ever shot anything bigger than a BB gun. We took my Browning Buckmark, Beretta 92FS, and Citadel 3.5 inch 1911 and my wife's XD .45 Compact. She fired all of those and did suprisingly well. I think 9mm will be her speed, along with a .22 for fun.

I also took my first reloaded 9mm rounds and with 15 managed to make a fair size single hole in a gnome target  :dance:

Then we went to the archery area so we could all try out the Tasha's new bow. Didn't spend to much time at that, the wind was picking up and it was getting cold. All of us managed to keep the arrows in the hay bales except 2 Tasha shot as she was shivering.

After that we ran up real quick to the shotgun area and let both my wife and Tasha shoot my Charles Daly Tactical Pump 12 gauge just for grins, by now it was getting seroiusly windy. Wife fired 5 rounds, Tasha fired one and handed it back to me.

So lastly I went and just did a quick function check of the new 10/22 with the Hot Lips magazine only 25 rounds but this is gonna be fun, I still need to go and sight-in the scope.

Even with the wind a fun afternoon.  :grin:

What a great advertisement for the sport. Good family fun and bonding as well.

Personally speaking I am glad that my wife does not shoot as it is my quality time where I can be selfish and enjoy what I am interested in with my mates without any disapproving looks from the wife. Also she has no real idea how much everything costs, if she came along I think it would soon turn ugly.

Having said that, I don't shoot clays, but enjoyed having a go many years back. If the wife wanted to join me at that, I think we could have some fun.

..Although I am looking forward to when I can take my daughters. Perhaps I will think differently when they are teenagers!

My wife only goes with me one out of 10 times since she still works, I don't and go during the week usually. Now that her hip is healing up maybe we'll go more often. I still like my time alone at it I can practice as I like and as long as I like, she usually doesn't want to stay as long as I do.

Maybe Tasha will go more now since she has the bow, I'm not ready to let her shoot in the backyard yet, she had a few errant ones yesterday.

Next weekend if the weather is decent we are taking a couple of the ladies she works with and ones husband if the weather is nice. The hubby and one lady have never shot before so we'll be teaching.