Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Fishing?

imschur

Any of you guys like to fish?

Im an avid fisherman. I spent about 30 years of weekends and vacations crawling around New Yorks Adirondacks for trout. Sure wish I had a digital camera back then.

Here in CT I mostly fish for bass. I had a 1988 Ranger 363V bass boat up until about two years ago. Now im content to fish from shore at some local lakes and reservoirs that have been open to the public.

gosh when I was a kid in Texas me and my dad would fish DAILY, morning and evening for largemouth bass. Now I live 400 feet from Daiscund Resivoir with a 14 foot jonboat, the SS Minnow, and haven't wet a hook in years. I'm retiring in three years and I plan to correct this situation....

I keep a 4' rod and a micro real behind the seat of my pickup. Armed with a floating Rebel Minnow or Rapala Im prepared to fish anywhere the opportunity arises.

A few years ago my dad sent me to look at cabin in NY as he was considering moving back up there from FL. This cabin was on this neat little pond. Check out the monster native trout I caught. The other pictures are the Salmon River in Malone NY. Thats where I spent the best times of my life.

post-1-144124359859_thumb.jpg

post-1-144124359863_thumb.jpg

post-1-144124359869_thumb.jpg

post-1-14412435988_thumb.jpg

post-1-144124359886_thumb.jpg

If work was not required, fishing would be my life. When I lived in California, my buddy and I drove up to Loon Lake, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loon_Lake_%28California%29(Sierra Nevada), and then rode horse up to the Desolation Wilderness for a week. The lakes up there are stocked by plane - the CFAG bombs the lakes with trout! Lake Shasta is a wonderful place to fish year round. Now living in Ohio - lots of lake fishing, some ponds and of course rivers. Really got into a mess of Crappie last summer - still dragging them out of the freezer. Sigh. NOT into ice fishing. Waiting for the thaw!

TM