Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

HK 416 .22 Pistol

• 1 month later...

Boy the Colt /Umarex M4 donated some DNA on this item, I believe with a little modifying the Colt 30 rounder would fit this. The receivers look absolutely identical ('course they are based on the M4). I wonder if the 90 degree saftey would drop-in the Colt? I can't imagine that Walther would spend much time and resources retooling when with slight tweaking they could use the Colt stuff. If and when one becomes available my CEO has given the green light for the purchase. I really like the S&W's looks but I've heard so many UNFOUNDED attacks on my Colt/Umarex by the S&W slanted guys that I think I'll buy the Umarex offering just to spite 'em when I post about it.....Plus I just LIKE the metal construction- not that there's anything wrong about the polymer weapons. I think most if not all weapons operation problems originate with guys that are totally unfamiliar with the concept of breaking in the weapon. A weapon is an item consisting of 25-40 parts, made seperately and assembled into a complete item. In the real world every part going into this weapon varies slightly from ''spec''. Until these parts are run together several hundred times they will not operate smoothly and the arm, PARTICULARLY a .22 or a 1911 platform will NOT run smoothly or reliably. Obviously this statement does not take into account assembly adjustments or parts breakage, but the majority of new owner dissatisfaction stems I BELIEVE from not understanding this condition. Load-em up, don't aim or try to shoot one-holers, let fly and run 500-1000 rounds thru that joker and clean it up, tune it up and THEN enjoy shooting it..... :beer: NOTE: After rereading this post I should have put it in the ''rambling thread''.LOL