Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

More feed issues with Remington Golden Bullet

Madhouse

A buddy of mine was running rounds through his brand new M&P 15-22 and had several FTF/FTE issues with a four or five year old box of Remington Golden Bullet ammo.

I gave him 25 rounds of Aguila to try in a magazine and every round went through without issue.  He went back to the Remington and continued to have a random failure.

Provided you can find Federal, I like it also because it works with either my Marlin or my Buckmark. The Buckmark can be fincky, the Marlin will eat anything.

I went looking for .22 the other day and out of 5 stores could only find shorts and one had Remington Cyclone and it was $33 per brick. I bought it anyway.

Before all this madness started, I had started buying 1 box of Federal Bulk every 2 weeks on payday, sometimes 2 boxes if I had been shooting during those weeks. 

Wasn't long and I had about 7,500 rounds stored up. Then the ammo world blew up, and I can't find a box anywhere.

Hopefully, by the time I go through these, everything will be back to normal.

This is one reason I use only Federal Bulk pack ammo. Cheap and very reliable.

10-4 on that! I keep finding the odd box or two at Wal-Mart. But to be fair - the Golden bullets work A-OK in my Ruger model 96, and my Sweetie's Ruger Charger - chipmunk size groups @50 yds. But not in my Colt M-4.  :(

TM

• 1 month later...

Before all this madness started, I had started buying 1 box of Federal Bulk every 2 weeks on payday, sometimes 2 boxes if I had been shooting during those weeks. 

I now buy the Federal Bulk whenever I see it. When I need it they are never in stock. Others are no doubt following the same course. That is a reason why the FB is so difficult to find.

• 11 months later...

Even more evidence (like we needed it), but I ran a bunch of golden bullets through my Sig 522 yesterday, had about a 20% failure rate.  Switched to CCI Velocitors, ran like a champ.  Switched to Centurion, ran like a champ.

My GSG-5 eats golden bulletts without fail, so I'll use the last of them in it, then never buy it again.

Out of all the different ammo I shoot the rem golden bullet belongs in the golden toilet.  My SR-22 handles most everything but the golden bullets have a higher FTF/FTE than anything else I tried.  It also groups poorly too.  I have some old PMC match 22 ammo that outshoots everything out there in my sR and my 10/22's.  Don't know where to get the stuff anymore in Canada now.

I now buy the Federal Bulk whenever I see it. When I need it they are never in stock. Others are no doubt following the same course. That is a reason why the FB is so difficult to find.

The nearest walmart to me seems to sell more FB than either remicrap or winchester. but i wont buy remicrap after watching a guy with a henry rifle have every other one ftf everytime he loaded it.