Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Repalcement grip.

Just looked inside my grip- the NEW hole  was actually to allow the Colt's hammer strut to be where it needs to be, and I had added a star washer, not a flat washer. Hope this helps.

TM

Sorry for the original bad info. Age sucks! Unless fortified with adult beverages. Then ya just don't care.  :grin:

• 1 month later...

So when you say you modified the hole was it the hole on the grip on on the rifle?  I havent had a chance to see how the orignal grip is mounted.  Can you post some photos?  Thanks

I didn't take any pics before I modded the new grip, a CAA G-27, so I can't do a B-4 & after. The OEM grip is mounted with 1 screw from the bottom. Just make your new grip look like the OEM, with respect to the mounting hole, and the second hole for the hammer strut. It's not a perfect fit, but good enough for me, and much more ergo than the OEM. I can't say if any AR grip will fit, the one I bought fit with the aforementioned mod.

TM

post-10-144124362669_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I got a Magpul MIAD Grip, it has different sized front and back straps to fit your hand size. It was not a drop in, had to use a 7/32 drill bit to move the screw and the hammer holes a little bit. Why the designers didn't make it Mil-Spec like the tube and hand guard is a mystery, great rifle though.

• 7 months later...

I bought a Hogue M15/M4 grip for my Colt M4 22lr Ops. The screw hole was in the wrong place but a drill quickly fixed that. I also took a drill bit and widened the hole for the hammer strut into an oval as it was slightly small and did not allow the rifle to fire. It works great and I really like the feel.

• 1 month later...

I

George, how do you like that grip?

I like it a lot good feel and I really like the slightly thicker size. Also have a Hogue grip on my Sig P232. After reading your post about the loose pin issue (which I have) I am wondering if you can explain to me how the grip relates to the pin friction?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. It is appreciated.

Hi George, Short answer on the loose pins is: The grip screw threads into the trigger group, and when tightened will position the trigger group in the lower's housing. The rear pin goes thru the lower, and when the comp is tightened is supposed to draw every everything together. If the trigger group is in the wrong position, the comp cannot draw everything together, hence the loose pins. Another way to try to remedy would be to remove your aftermarket grip, then put the rest of the rifle back together and tighten the comp. Pins should now be tight. Now try to put the grip back on. I am on the road right now, so will try for a more complete answer in a few days.

Regards,

Mike

PS At least that is how I remember it- have been away from home and hardware for a month.