Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

GSG-522 vs GSG-5 magazines?

I just purchased a new GSG-522 SD a couple days ago. Just waiting on the ridiculous 10 day background check to pick it up. Been shopping around for some extras and mods for it while I wait and for whatever reasons I cannot find any mags listed as being for the 522, just the old GSG-5. Are they the same mags? Also if anyone has a good source with a decent price I'd love to get a link. I live in the gun-Nazi state of California so I need the not-as-much-fun 10 rounders for it. Thanks guys!

i think someone posted something on here a while back about 522 mags, i cant believe the 10 day wait i went to the store and i brought a gsg AK47 and i walked out of the store 10 minutes later with said rifle but i to live in the great state of Texas  ;D

I read through all the posts in this section and didn't see anything in relation to the mags... And yeah, CA is garbage when it comes to guns and freedoms. There really is NO reason you should have to wait 10 days! They can get a clearance on you instantly, just like any other state. Soon I will not be able to buy bricks. Imagine this.... Our Governator (Arnold) signed a bill to restrict purchases of hand gun ammunition to 50 rounds/month and require fingerprints, ID, and super tight regulations on the seller. And, they are considering .22LR HAND GUN ammuinition!!!! I have about 7k rounds of .22LR and 2k of 9MM and .357MAG stocked up to prepare for their BS. I'll probably be labeled a terrorist or enemy of the state if I get caught with it!

I read through all the posts in this section and didn't see anything in relation to the mags... !

i thought i saw a piece about 522 mags on here but it must have been on rimfire central there are quite a few 522 owners on there one was saying that you can buy the 522 mags in a twin pack for about $50 and i believe that the mags are the same

• 7 months later...

I just brought my Gsg522 waiting for the 10 days to go Bye.. gotto love Calif.  I want to change out a few thing's the shock must go.  Does any one know were I can find them and a couple mag for it. I have a Ar-15 with everthing on it and it is even camo. I want to do the same to this gun. dont you like the great state of calif. I waiting to