Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

MAS 49-56 build near completion!

techmike

I have been working on this for over 10 years... I had an order into a company that made conversion parts, but they stopped making them.Then I had an order into a stock-maker in California that took my money but produced no stock.(have since been refunded by CC company) Then I found a French gunsmith that makes a trigger housing, plus an adapter from ACE LTD.USA, and here it is - before and after. Still a few tasks, dura-coat the trigger housing, remove the front sight and sleeve the barrel. I removed all the grenade launching hardware and sights. Yes, that is a Russian PSO-1M2 scope, modified to fit the MAS scope rail... also a JP Howitzer muzzle brake - very loud, but it darn near pulls the rifle forward when fired! Oh - it fires .308.

TM ;D

post-10-14412436421_thumb.jpg

post-10-144124364214_thumb.jpg

Back to gun stuff - the muzzle brake - HERE - click on JP Howitzer. It really does reduce the recoil almost to zero. I do have to remember to keep my mouth open when firing this however - very loud and I do feel the pressure. The range I used in California hated this gun - they had partitions between the benches - this gun used to blow pieces of wood off the plywood partitions... :grin: And this company, EABco is great.

TM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...