Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Fondling Mosquito

asmurff

I was just going to make the same post.  I too got my hands on one this weekend, planning to pick up a pair for the wife and myself.  It's a solid pistol, and sure doesn't feel like a .22, and it's not much smaller than the Sig 1911, but a little lighter.  I did not get to shoot one yet, but it's a Sig, so I am sure it has above standard performance at the least.

I need to thank whoever decided to produce a pink version, it's what sold my wife on them; thereby allowing me to buy another pistol  :beer:

I also got to inappropriately touch a Sig Combat P226 and OMG OMG 3 other Sig rifles that I will be writing about in a bit.

I don't know it I go used on the shotgun, I was thinking a Mossberg 500/590 or Remington 870 ones I know here are lots of different lenght barrels for out there.

When I am considering a new firearm, I always start my search with used models first.  While 80% of my purchases end up being a new model, it is these searches through the used department that sometimes yields hidden treasure.  Also it allows me to see if there is maybe some other model I had not considered and see how others have equipped that certain firearm.  Also may give you more insight as your read reviews or stories from the sellers themselves.

By all means, buy new if you desire,  it makes her yours- but going into the search with the "used" mindset can sometimes prove beneficial as well. 

Who knows, you might find someone who cares little or knows little of firearms, and may have inheireted a "shotgun" with some extra "parts," otherwise known to you as an 870 with two extra barrels. 

I scored the most valuable firearm I've owned from a garage sale held by a little old lady sell her deceased husband's stuff (15 years after his death mind you).  Sitting unnoticed amidst 10 or 12 other very nice deer rifles and shotties, was a nondescript, slightly rusty rifle with dull, ugly wood, selling for $200;  which I negotiated to $150.

I'll give you a hint, it loads from the top and goes "piing!" when the magazine is emptied  ;D

Oh I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a used weapon, but before I did it would have to have a transferrable warranty and be something I'd had not only the chance to shoot but to strip down and inspect or better yet have my gunsmith inspect.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...