Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Post your latest photos of your Colt/Umarex .22 rifle

Got the 20rd magazines last thursday. Got home with the kids and I saw a package on my doorstep. Now I live in a townhouse with no front-garden. So anyone could have taken that package. It was worth more dan $120.

So I wasn't happy. I email the shop I got it from to here whom they used as postale-service. The owner said he was going to take contact with them.

Now, here are the pics:

2vjve6e.jpg

be8uvl.jpg

Cheers.

Just updated the photo's to better quality ones.

I'm really happy with it but I'm still thinking about what to do next. I like the look of the Spikes Tactical fake can that shrouds back over the barrel and if I got that I'd go for a flip up front site too. But I really like the conventional M4 front end look. So I might just stipple the rail covers and leave it at that.

20 round mags are a must though!

Glowin.

Here's my latest stopping point- many of my mods are do-it-myself.LOL I started out with hollowing the factory stock with ATI recoil pad. The stock sloppiness mod done to the tube. My scope is a Leapers red/green dot. An engraved dust cover from Harford engraving. My triggerguard is a Magpul polymer replacement. The charge handle has a tactical lever installed. Not shown is my Coast tactical lite and UTG front handgrip. I installed a 1/2''X28 TPI thread adapter turned down to fit inside a 5'' reverse flash hider. This covers 3 1/2'' of the barrel giving the gun a shorter appearance. The furniture was shot with Krylon Fusion Olive Drab which has held up extremely well. :grin:

post-16-144124367417_thumb.jpg

post-16-14412436742_thumb.jpg

post-16-144124367423_thumb.jpg

Very cool. I was seriously thinking about Olive Drab myself.

How's the tactical lever work out for you. The catch on my lever is slightly high so it doesn't push closed. I've not looked at it yet to fix it but if a replacement like yours works I'd consider just swapping it straight out.

Glowin

The one on it at the moment looks too high. It looks like I need to file the upper receiver a little but I really don't want to try. I wouldn't imagine it's CNC'd like a Head Down receiver and I can see me putting a hole in it if I try!

Think I'll just live with it.

• 1 month later...

Here's my latest stopping point- many of my mods are do-it-myself.LOL I started out with hollowing the factory stock with ATI recoil pad. The stock sloppiness mod done to the tube. My scope is a Leapers red/green dot. An engraved dust cover from Harford engraving. My triggerguard is a Magpul polymer replacement. The charge handle has a tactical lever installed. Not shown is my Coast tactical lite and UTG front handgrip. I installed a 1/2''X28 TPI thread adapter turned down to fit inside a 5'' reverse flash hider. This covers 3 1/2'' of the barrel giving the gun a shorter appearance. The furniture was shot with Krylon Fusion Olive Drab which has held up extremely well. :grin:

hey rodent.22 did you buy a new dust cover or have yours engraved? i want to get one but some sites say it wont work on the colt

Hey rodent,- have you figured out EXACTLY why the AR15 won't stay shut? Does it have the standard little spring-loaded ball catch? I was looking at these at a gun show, and it looked like they should latch. The only possible problem I could see is the latch mechanism on the cover might be too thick to clear the bolt. Is that what's happening? Could it be filed down to clear? I made the one on mine work by threading a tiny round-headed screw into the sheared-off plastic plunger and shaping it with a Dremel to make it latch. It was quite a job! It's funny how Umarex Customer Service told me the .22 dust cover was NEVER designed to work, and SHE could not send me a part to make it work! I know people who have earlier runs of these rifles, and the dust-cover catch WORKS! Even the (earlier) Owners manual refers to it as FUNCTIONAL! The lady at Umarex also tried to  bullshit me into thinking the little "notch" in the top of the ejection port was there to "keep the cover from working"! All ar15 ejection ports have this notch so the little ball in the cover WILL work!! Their claim is the non-functioning dust cover is a "safety feature" so you can keep the little blue plastic "empty-chamber indicator" in place when the rifle is not in use. (lol)

do the folks at Umarex think we are all MORONS??

• 2 weeks later...