Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Mark II 6 7/8'' target model

rodent.22

Here is a photo of my 6 7/8'' target Ruger. This is the civilian version of this pistol, which has a different twist than the government version. For you guys looking to get into target shooting this is an EXCELLENT start-out pistol. Cheap to buy, cheap to shoot and SIMPLE to maintain. These guns will shoot better than the shooter can...These guns  have been made in a zillion different versions and can be seen on Ruger.com. The street prices are quite a bit lower than the suggested retails. A good research and study guide is Duncan Long's Ruger .22 automatic pistol guide which gives good info thru the Mark II series. Somewhat dated, but covers a lot of info. The new Mark III is a great series of pistols, if you can look at the new Mark III Hunter with the fluted barrel and not be interested then .22 shooting is not for you! LOL If YOU  have one JOIN US  and post it up!

post-16-144124367425_thumb.jpg

post-16-144124367434_thumb.jpg

Ive shot a ton of .22 pistols.

My favorites are the Dan Wesson .22 that I own, The Trophy Citation, Hammerli 208S.

There are so many really good match grade .22 pistols out there. The Trailside is fantastic for what it cost, but they quit making them, and parts are getting really hard to find. Mdl 41's, and the Ruger's are probably the most available and cost effective versions.

• 9 years later...

Here are a couple of my Ruger Mark II pistols. The top pistol is the Ruger Mark II Competition Target, the bottom pistol is the civilian version of the Ruger Mark II Government version with the 6 7/8th Bull Barrel:

pjgwbNyl.jpg

The Ruger Mark II Government version,  was commissioned by the Government contract to have a "roller-burnished" chamber and laser targeted sights from the factory. Barrel twist is still 1:16, same as all the Ruger Mark pistols after the very early production versions, like the one posted above.

That's a very nice pistol by the OP and one that is a very desirable one by collectors. Nice find!