Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

We detected irregular activity on your Bank of America Debit Card

imschur

I had a debit card cloned in the UK, i had been down to see my dad and the card was copied at a gas station when i had stopped to fill my bike up, They went shopping a few days later on my bankcard but my bank phoned me as it was out of character for the time of day as i was at work and they asked  me if i had been doing any shopping i said no so the 1500 pounds they had tried to spend was declined and the attempted theft was reported to the police, sorry to hear it i hope the fleas of a thousand dogs infest there armpits :o

Those pricks at B of A aren't going to hold you responsible I hope? That outfit is as criminal as the bastards that tried to work the CC fraud angle in the first place! May the crooks get hit by a truck ... TWICE!  >:(

bump bump eeerrt bump bump had to go to reverse to get them twice.

Seriously the punishment allowed by law for this type of thieft needs to be increase drastically.

About 4 months ago my PAYPAL got hit.  I had my debit card listed and luckily PAYPAL thought it was out of character as well and held the funds transfers.  After a claim was filed with them I got all of my money back.  Seems someone hacked my password.  They sent me a couple of bills for "services" and then logged in as me and paid themselves.  I had to cancel the card and change all my security with PAYPAL.  I made them send me a device that generates a specific code for all transactions and a transaction cant be completed by anyone but me, supposedly, since I have the device and its required to complete a transact.  I expressed great frustration with PAYPAL and I got a simple "sorry but you must have a virus on your computer".  After speaking to a few friends I have heard of 5 other incidents like this with PAYPAL.  HMMMMM?? GRRRRRRR!!!  Nothing like being a victim huh?  I hope everything goes well for you and whoever the perps are, they get what they deserve.  Good luck.

Well new fraudulent transactions this morning. I called BOFA. They tell me that there's still a bunch of pending transactions on the old card that arent visible to me yet. The very helpful person read them off and we flagged as many as we could.

I ordered the "safe pass" card and service for my phone. Now all online transactions require a one use pin number. The phone part was free but the card cost $20.