Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

1911 in 9mm

techmike

Your best option...

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-guardian/

True 9mm single stack 1911, and its match grade.

Expensive, but worth every cent.

Barrel is a bit longer than you wanted though. Honestly, anything less than 4" in 9mm wont be anything more than a plinker. The 9mm is a fast round, you really need some barrel length to get any accuracy out of it.

Hey as long it has "minute of bad guy" accuracy at the ranges concealed handguns are used for it would be good. Don'y know the price on the Kimber but it looks good nicely setup for with little or nothing to catch on when drawing.

Some shops are taking pre-orders for the Solo Carry ... $659 gets you a ticket to ride. MSRP is in the $700-730 range. I agree with your "minute of bad guy" assessment asmurff ... this CC pistol isn't meant/designed for anything but close quarters CC scenarios, just like my LCP.

FS2KSTD, That Kimber Solo is sweet. You still have your LCP? I sold mine and got a P-238.

The dilemma. New gun safe? New Gun? (sigh)

any 9mm with a single stack mag is likely to be a compact pistol, not exactly a regular shooting gun.

lastly, a 9mm coming out of a short barrel has to be pretty lame, so the question is WHY?

-DNR

Well, seems to me to be an empty space between these, (picture below), and a shorty 9 would seem to fill the ticket. If I carry a full size pistol, it will be a .45.

Imschur, thanks for the link to Para - the PDA looks like the ticket, I wish they hadn't bobbed the

hammer.

bdavison, - The CZ is very nice looking - and CZ makes nice guns - I have an 82 - but, the MSRP of over $1500..... :o

TM

post-10-144124369375_thumb.jpg

FS2KSTD, That Kimber Solo is sweet. You still have your LCP? I sold mine and got a P-238.

The dilemma. New gun safe? New Gun? (sigh)

TM ... I still have my Crimson LCP, but would love to upgrade to something in 9mm instead. The little .380ACP just doesn't instill confidence with me, since I've always carried a .45ACP, but it sure is nice to throw in my front pocket when I can't conceal easily. I'm going to research the Kimber Solo and see if it'll fit my needs ... if not, I may pick up a Glock 19 GEN IV and give it a try?

I only have experience with one compact 9mm 1911, a Springfield Armory EMP, and it's a good one, albeit a little pricey. Mines definitely a keeper.

My only complaint is the ambidextrous safety which can easily be snicked off if you rub against something. But I hear SA will change it out for free and I may take them up on this.

9-13-06007-2.jpg

9-13-06005-1.jpg