Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

concealment vs cover

asmurff

I remember that whole I was in the NY National Guard we got brand new M1's in 1969 so we could have them for the riots. We got those long WWI bayonets too. I was a sniper who was to stand near the LT and kill people upon hos direction. Nobody else was to have bullets because the Guard had shot up Baltimore pretty bad and ruined the buildings. Then after a few years we got M16's. But they still kept the m1's for riot duty.

I liked the M14 the best. They need them now again.

Think they have any brand new M1's left?

CMP has Garands I know any are not new but the have up through "Correct Grade" rifles.

http://www.thecmp.org/m1garand.htm

"CORRECT GRADE: (Very Good to Excellent)

Correct Grade Rifles are similar to the Service Grade (above), but will show less wear and use. Correct Grade rifles will have all correct parts for the date of manufacture with 80% or better overall original metal finish. The stock and handguards will be of walnut and correct for the rifle but will have some dings, dents, scratches and marring of the wood finish. Stocks will have the appropriate original inspector's cartouche. The rifle bore will be very good with no significant defects and with a throat erosion of less than 4 and a muzzle wear of 2 or less. Very good to excellent condition. Limited quantities are occasionally available. Prices start at $1100 depending on manufacturer.

Plus they sell part to bring one up to a better condition.