Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Springfield XD

Madhouse

When I got rid of all my .40S&W pistols and ammo, one of the ones I sold was a Springfield XD-40.  I really liked that pistol, outstanding ergonomics, excellent functionality.

So, I was at the gun show downtown yesterday and grabbed up a standard XD-9 for $400 flat.

:thumb:

It took a while for the XD to grow on me. My wife has the compact .45acp. It has grown on me, initially I didn't care for the balance, but I realize now it was just because I like the feel of a 1911 frame so much. I think sometime in the future I'd really like to have a XD-M 3.8" 9mm compact.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im planning on picking up a XD tommorow. Cant decide whether I want the XD9 in 9mm, or the XD Compact in .45

Also...go get one now if you are considering it. Springfield Armory is giving away 3 extra magazines, and an extra magazine holster for free if you buy between Sept 1 and Nov 30.

You get two magazines with the gun....so thats 5 magazines with the special offer, two magazine holsters, a belt holster for the gun, the gun itself, a speedloader, a case, and a lock.....all for around $500

You'd be crazy not go go buy one.

Im thinking Im going to get the compact .45 as I could use a new concealment gun. I promise, Ill do a full review on here with pics and range report after I get it.

Well, I did it..

Went and bought a brand spankin' new Springfield Armory XD Compact in .45 today....and promptly sent off my paperwork for the "GearUP" promotion.

So basically for $500 bucks I just scored a .45 XD Compact, with 5 magazines, two magazine holsters, gun holster, speedloader, case, lock, cleaning brush. HECK OF A DEAL!!!

Gotta shoot some pics...