Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

.22 LR Ruger SP101

imschur

.22 Revolvers are great. Ive got a Dan Wesson with a 8" barrel.

It is a Tack driver...no joke...same hole shots easily with it. Ive even been able to hit coffee cans at 150yds with the thing. It outshoots rifles.

The only bad thing about them...they are a BIXOTCH to clean. Its like cleaning 7 barrels with all the cylinder chambers, and the top strap/frame gets pretty dirty too.

You clean yours?

Yes. I keep it spotlessly clean. Its in MINT condition with flawless bluing, and I intend to keep it that way. It gets the first class treatment all the way. Its the best shooting, most accurate pistol I own, and Ive yet to see any gun with a trigger as perfect as it has.  It will never be sold...ever.

I got it on my 18th birthday, took 1st place in 8 competitions with it, and cleaned it after every shooting round for the past 14 years. I have a cleaning rod/brush just specifically for that gun only. It will still print same hole groups at 25yds and Ive put well over 10,000 rounds through it.

Out of all the guns I own, that one is by far my favorite.

I've got an old 38 S&W 38 special I've had for almost 40 years. Looks like it's brand new out of the box. I've got a thing for revolvers, How much easier they seem to shoot one handed or from the hip, and even off handed. Until the last few months, I've never owned a semi-auto pistol. They are a lot of fun, and the extra capacity, means more fun per mag.

Probably just me, being so damn old, but the semis seem, like learning a foreign language. The last few months have been frustrating, but cool learning something new, but I still can't hit the side of a barn with my 45 one, or off handed, getting better with the 2 handed grip, with decent groupings..But I"m still trying.. ;D

Same for my old Dan Wesson 357..Not a spec of rust anywhere..

P.S.

I don't even try to shoot my semi's from the hip yet. Fraid I'm going to blow a hole in the ceiling at the range.. ;D