Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

HK416 Tactical Build Complete

I’ve enjoyed reading all the threads on Umarex HK416, so I thought I would share my setup now that my own HK416 tactical build is complete, here are the tactical enhancements I’ve added to my HK416 to date.

1. Magpul MBUS Gen2 Front & Back Sights

2. Magpul Multi-Mission MS3 Sling System

3. Magpul ASP & RSA Front & Back Sling Attachment Points

4. Magpul XTM Rail Panels

5. Tangodown BattleGrip Quick Detach Vertical Grip

6. Surefire RAID Weapon Light

7. Viridian C5 Green Laser with Yankee Hill Machine Mini 1/2 Riser for Picatinny Rail

8. Aimpoint CompML2 – 4MOA Dot Sight

9. T22 4.5 Barrel Shroud

10. 3 Extra 30 round mags

Thank you, I am pretty happy withthe way it turned out, as is always the case, what started out as just picking up a few extra mags, grew into a long list of "nice to haves", and before I knew it...well you know how it goes.

I have one more change I would like to make, a Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard, or at least that is the plan, and then I see if I can post some pictures. I just have to get the wife out of the house, so I can conduct my photo shoot without a lot of questions on how much all this stuff costs ::)   

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks, I had to change a few things on my Umarex HK416 D .22lr. I had to cannibalize a few items like my Aimpoint, Surefire Tactical Light and Tangodown vert-grip because I decided to build the real deal, an HK MR556A1, and the Boss (wife) was not liking the idea of me purchasing another Aimpoint, Surefire, and some additional Tangodown accessories since she almost choked on the $$ of just the MR556A1. So here is the final build, with some "wife approved" cost structure additions.

1. Magpul MBUS Gen2 Flip-up Front & Back Sights

2. Magpul Multi-Mission MS3 Sling System

3. Magpul ASAP (Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point -Back)

4. Magpul RSA (Rail Sling Attachment – Front)

5. Magpul XTM Rail Panels

6. CAA FVG3 3 positions Folding Forearm Vertical Grip

7. Streamlight PolyTac C4 LED Tactical Light

8. Viking Tactics Light Mount

9. Viridian C5 Green Laser

10. Yankee Hill Machine Mini 1/2 Riser for Picatinny Rail

11. Bushnell Tactical Elite 1x32 Red/Green T-Dot Riflescope

12. Umarex HK 416 Suppressor 

13. Also got 4 extra mags (2 – 20 round and 2 – 30 round mags - P.S. 1 of my 30 round mags crapped out had to send it back)

Here are few pics (click to enlarge), I wanted to get a little better quality, but you at least get some idea of what it looks like. Got a shot of my Viridian laser and the Streamlight tactical light setup, Bushnell Scope, and Magpul RSA Sling attachment point for the front of the rifle.

post-862-144124376121_thumb.jpg

post-862-144124376126_thumb.jpg

post-862-144124376128_thumb.jpg

post-862-144124376131_thumb.jpg

post-862-144124376134_thumb.jpg

post-862-144124376136_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Freebug, very…very…very nice, that is one sweet looking AR, I commend you on an excellent build, like the EoTech Optics. I have not experienced any issues with the rear pin, but I’m about 500 rounds behind you.

Fereebug, since you seem to know your way around an AR Optics, I’m looking for some input from you or other members of the forum. I’m building my HK556A1, and I was going to put my Aimpoint on it, but I’ve been doing some more research and I’ve decided to put the ELCAN SpecterDR 4x/1x (http://www.armament.com/optical_weapon_sights.htm) on my new AR.

Talked to some of my buddies who are still active and they have nothing but praise for this Combat Sight. If there is anybody out there who has experience with the ELCAN, I sure would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks 

• 1 year later...

Doesnt look like any one really reads this page too much but I thought I would share my project with the world. Its a Neptune Spear Raid clone. Almost finished, still need the magnifier and flashlight but other then that shes pretty damn sexy as is!

This is a pic of one of the HKs used in the actual raid and mine above it. Cheers  :beer:

post-1676-144124387897_thumb.jpg

Not sure if you have decided on a Tactical Light yet, but Streamlight makes a outstanding light, the ProTac HL

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=254

Puts out a ridiculous 600 lumens, and its built like a tank,plus you can get it for around $65.00 bucks on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-88040-Professional-Tactical-Holster/dp/B007RB82CS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363267490&sr=8-1&keywords=streamlight+pro+tac

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...