Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

New guy from California checking in

drifter2be

Names Joe, live in wonderful Kalifornia, where guns are more evil than satanist cults.

Have gotten pretty big into rimfire in the past month. Bought a used Mossberg Tactical 702 plinkster and just put a GSG-5PK into the 10-day gun jail this morning. Other firearm I own is a sporterized Mosin Nagant 91/30 with the ATI stock. Planning on dropping a few hundred dollars on accessories for the GSG in the next few days so I can have everything ready to go when I pick it up on the 8th, and I figured this would probably be a great place to get some ideas.

My Mossberg

2011-11-22124712.jpg

Its a straight shooter. Not that great of a shooter but got a 1.5" group at 50 yards with cci mini-mags last week. I'm not crazy about the fake plastic molded casing but it makes it easy to attach stuff. Apparently mossberg just came out with a flat top style version that does away with a lot of the wanna be AR protrusions on the case, and that awful fake carry handle, so I am trying to see if mossberg will sell just the plastic shell, so I can replace the old style one with the newer flat top one.

• 2 weeks later...