Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

New 2012 Umarex Catalog

cdnite

Whats your favorite from the catalog?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite from the catalog?

• UZI RIFLE
    • UZI PISTOL
    • Government 1911 A
    • Government 1911 A1 Rail Gun
    • 1911 A1 Gold Cup
    • M4 CARBINE
    • M4 OPS
    • MP5 A5
    • MP5 SD
    • 416 D145RS
    • 416 PISTOL

The 416 looks nice, I would like to handle one. Thanks for posting the catalogs cdnite! I understand what MG is saying - these guns may be a bit to close to air soft quality......but  they sure do look like fun!

I disagree these firearms are imported my Umarex but manufactured by Carl Walther in Germany, there quality is amazing.

I've run 5000+ rounds through my HK 416 with only a couple of stove pipes, and 2000+ through my Colt M16 without a single failure. I plan on buying more from Walther/Umarex I just cant decide what yet...

If your in the Atlanta area I'd happily go to the range with you.

--Christian

A range trip sounds like fun, but that would be a long trip. FYI, I am a satisfied M-4 owner, got one about 3 years ago. My observation has to do with the profligate use of zinc alloys, or Zamak in it's construction. Also with the extensive dis-assembly required to perform a thorough cleaning. Walther's procedure is inadequate in my opinion. I also have noticed a drop in Walther's quality when I look at my PK380 - while I really like the gun, and I use it for EDC, it doesn't really seem like normal German engineering.

Just my 2 Pfennigs worth.

I disagree these firearms are imported my Umarex but manufactured by Carl Walther in Germany' date=' there quality is amazing.

[/quote']

Umarex owns Walther I believe, so, all Walther Products are Umarex products, built to Umarex's specifications.

Their new tactical 22 offerings are very much air soft like.

I owned a Colt M4 OPS for several years and it shot reasonably well, but, I bought a CMMG Sierra .22lr at Drew's insistence and he has never been so right in his life. A side by side inspection and shooting session proved to me that the CMMG was light years ahead in my opinion.

I sold the Colt.

If I had not had this opportunity to compare the very real CMMG to the toy like Colt/Umarex/Wather I might never have known the better quality existed, for the same money!

'Thanks Drew.

a bullet doesn't know what sort of gun fired it, the design, if reliable, means nothing. The goal has been met- the firing of the bullet. All else is personal preference or convenience for the shooter. The Umarex designs do work, being German the design is overly complex and weird, but thats to be expected with German engineering. Not a criticism of the Germans- just an observation. I'll keep my M4 also....I've got 10 grand in accessories.

post-16-144124378363_thumb.jpg

From another thread...

since the umarex colt is basically based off an airsoft receiver, most airsoft rail systems will work for colt.  also im able to get rail systems for really cheap if anyone is interested.  I have access to most of the daniel defense and noveske airsoft rail systems.

• 1 month later...

So I've heard this speculation many times that the Colts are essentially nothing more than an Umarek airsoft rifle with some .22lr modifications.  Is this based on actual information from the companies that have their names on the rifle, or guesstimates?  Seems to be a tremendous amount of hating on the Colt .22s on the Internet. 

Well Umarex is an airsoft company. They license the names Colt and HK same as the airsoft models, it's no big deal. Some of the first generation Colt's had issues that were corrected. Internet being what it is folks just regurgitate this stuff over and over.

Umarex, ATI, ISSC, S&W brought .22's to the market that look cosmetically similar to their centerfire counterparts with construction that made them affordable and priced competively with other .22's

If Colt and HK  made .22's very few people would pay the asking price. If somebody wants a .22  from actual AR-15 parts you got to dig a lot deeper in the wallet and look at CMMG, Spikes, Armalite etc. These weapons are priced similarly to low end AR-15's at $700 and up.

Internet commando's bash Colt anything. It comes with the territory.

Get what pleases you.

I just installed an airsoft version of the Troy 11" extreme battle rail on my Colt/Umarex M4. Very cool, or, tacticool. The supplied barrel nut threaded right on to the Colt/Umarex receiver. I have the "real" version Troy rail on my AR. Only difference I could see was the thread size of the barrel nut, and the real one has the gas tube channel. (and the price) It is what it is.

Ah, so there is a level of Colt hating going on out there.  Helpful.  I've looked at the various tactical .22s that I have options to buy here in Kawleefornya, and the Colt certainly catches my eye with it's aluminum parts and faithful to the original look.  The MP 15-22 gets rave reviews on the Net, but then there seems to be the out of battery issues that look too common for my liking.  The HK 416 .22 is very nicely finished as well, to my eye. 

I have the Colt, and after a professional trigger job and figuring out how to really clean it, I am very satisfied. (Had it for 3 years) The Umarex HK 416 is nice looking, but after checking out the parts diagram, the internals appear to be the same as the Colt, so I didn't see any reason to purchase it. My understanding is the M&P15-22 is much easier to clean, but like yourself have "heard" of the out-of-battery fire problem. But hey, those could be the S&W version of the 'Colt haters". The Ruger is a 10-22 in a black skin, and all I have heard about the Mossberg is that it "feels" cheap. Well, it costs less than $300, so, yeah. I have not lived in California for 10-ish years so my data is subject to error, but .22lr firearms used to be exempt from the stupid assault weapon ban. But check your local listings to be sure.

FYI, using the new CCI AR Tactical ammo, and a bipod I have been getting quarter to half dollar size groups at 50 yards with my Colt/Umarex. For me, that is fine for a semi .22.

Regards,

TM

Yes I've looked at the CMMG but it would be illegal here in the Calif.  None of my local gun shops stock it, and there is a part in the assault weapon law that specifically mentions putting .22 uppers on .223 AR lowers.  The Colt, which is sold at my local stores, overcomes this problem with it's dedicated .22 lower which is also marked as such. 

Some guys are doing the bullet button thing for their ARs, and there is some legal footing there I understand.  But then again I've heard from police and DA's who consider it a removable magazine the moment you pull it out to reload and thus breaking the assault weapon law.

It's all too messy for me, and I don't want to end up with a room-mate named Thor at Pelican Bay state pen, so I'm going to stick to one of the dedicated single purpose AR .22s.