Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

New 15-22 Love it!

Davfed

Brand new to to the forum  I've been lurking for a bit but just registered.

I'm on FMLA right now so I've had hours to research this gun.  My work partner and I each bought one the other day. We just got back from shooting. Almost 500 rounds each. I only had 1 failure to feed towards the end. I shot both Winchester and federal. It was flawless other then that It was the Winchester that failed. My buddy had about 5 failure to loads and 1 failure to fire and 2 failure to ejects with the Winchester 555. We tried several mag loading techniques and it didn't change anything.

We both love this plinker but neither of us like the sights. Actually, I hate them.  I'm primarily a pistol shooter and only have 2 other rifles.  These sights are a first for me and took some time to get sighted in. After that we were consistently hitting quarter size targets at 25yds. I know its close but that's the distance we had at this site.

Cant wait to shoot again.  This is an awesome rifle

Thanks

David

I bought the S&W M&P 22cal C 4 Ops for my son and the grandsons since they were driving me nuts to go shooting my other 22 cal military look a likes.

The Ops is the same rifle as the 15 22 with a shorter barrel........I removed the factory sights and put a FC Tactical red/green dot scope on it.....The rifle is fantastic for plinking out to 100 yards.....We have had only one FTE using Federal or Winchester bulk.......The more you shoot these new 22 semi autos the better they shoot with light cleaning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Like all of you, I bought an M&P 15-22 and love it! As for ammunition, I'm shooting CCI exclusively. CCI makes an AR .22 round that was developed specifically for .22 LR AR's and used the M&P 15-22 as the test weapon. Also CCI Stinger and CCI Velocitor work flawlessly as well. The instruction book lists which ammo is recommended and which is NOT.  C:-)