Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Fires out of battery?

Davfed

Greetings,

Does your M&P fire out of battery? I can pull the bolt back 1/16" all the way to an 1" or so and the trigger releases the hammer. Is this normal? Any way to be fast enough on the trigger to fire again before the bold closes completely?

P.S. this isn't a very active board.... :(

Thanks,

David

Hiya David and welcome to the forum. As you have noticed, we are suffering from the Summer Doldrums, people on vacation, etc. Normally there is a pretty lively group on here...Your firing out of battery certainly doesn't sound too good. I would contact S&W Service about it. I'm sure they will want you to send it in to be looked at. Their warranty service is second to none. Give them a shout! Thanks for joining us! Gary

There were many reports of this with early M&P 15-22's. I recall there was specific ammo not to use in these weapons a well as suggested ammo. edit : I have attached the manual.

Look at pages 9 and 10 and see if it applies.  Note: the images look funny because I compressed the file for uploading

4659_34c23faee30cee5131054d2d1d1f2b060a85e8b1.pdf

Thank you for the replies. This M&P is brand new DTZXXXX. I havent had a issue while firing it, actually only 1 failure to feed in the first 500 rounds. The trouble is when i was just checking function of the M&P. Just playing around with it on the couch. If I pull the bolt back even a fraction of an inch, I can still pull the trigger and the hammer drops. Not saying the hammer is actually hitting the firing pin depending how far the bolt is back. My buddy's new M&P does the same thing.

Can some of you check this on your M&P's?

Thanks

David