Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Umarex parts?

cmscoltm4

Who did you talk to? Speak to the Service people, or the "resident gunsmith". He sent me a new spring and firing pin, and also said he thought he had "most" of the parts for a new bolt. I wish I could remember his name, as he was very helpful.  I think if you talk to the right guy, you can get anything you want.

Remember, be as "Politically Correct" as possible.

techmike the holes that the take down pins go threw on the slide housing are ovaled and the pin is sloppy .when i first got my gun every thing was tight now there is a little wiggle bettwen the upper and lower .I don't know if this is the way the gun is suppoesed to be? I tightend the muzzle brake 1/4 turn and checked the grip and all is tight there. I also noticed the bolt on the slide halfs were lose the last time i cleaned it . also the trigger group halfs were lose to . i wonder if this is how the holes in the slide housing became elongated ? The guy I talked to at umarex said if I sent the gun in they would just put over sized pins in it ? he also said there should be a little wiggle bettwen the upper and lower ?  :confused:

My rifle developed the same problem. See the pictures. The package of stick-on pads comes from Wal Mart. Use the "clear" rubber ones (thin), and be sure to clean the area behind the plastic "buffer" really good with alcohol before you apply the pad. This will remove slop between upper and lower, AND make pins much tighter!

post-305-144124384951_thumb.jpg

post-305-144124384956_thumb.jpg

techmike the holes that the take down pins go threw on the slide housing are ovaled and the pin is sloppy .when i first got my gun every thing was tight now there is a little wiggle bettwen the upper and lower .I don't know if this is the way the gun is suppoesed to be? I tightend the muzzle brake 1/4 turn and checked the grip and all is tight there. I also noticed the bolt on the slide halfs were lose the last time i cleaned it . also the trigger group halfs were lose to . i wonder if this is how the holes in the slide housing became elongated ? The guy I talked to at umarex said if I sent the gun in they would just put over sized pins in it ? he also said there should be a little wiggle bettwen the upper and lower ?  :confused:

I am on my way to work, so I can't get pics of mine up now. Can you post a pic of your slide housing that shows the pin holes?

Thanks!

TM

Isn't there a piece made to solve this problem in regular AR-15s?

Yes there is Mr. Smurf, but not sure it would fit on this gun.  With the Colt, there is a relationship between the upper, lower, barrel, flash hider, slide housings, pins and the pistol grip. This problem usually occurs after an owner either removes the pistol grip,  replaces the grip with one for an actual AR, or if the grip just gets loose. The flash hider is actually a barrel nut, and is used to draw the entire rifle together, and one must tighten it to the same torque setting after every cleaning in order to get repeatable accuracy. To resolve the actual problem, (with the rifle fully assembled and the flash hider loosened 2.5 turns), you have to loosen the pistol grip screw, then tighten the flash hider, then tighten the pistol grip screw. To get the flash hider tightened the same every time, I used a center punch to put a small dimple TDC on the flash hider so it gets tightened to the exact same point every time.

TM

wobblinwheel it worked like a charm thanks for the info 

cmscoltm4, you may note when using the stick-on pad, you don't HAVE to loosen the flash-hider to remove the pins. I like to leave the flash-hider alone just to clean the rifle. I can remove and re-install the pins all day long without screwing with the flash-hider and nothing gets sloppy, and accuracy remains unaffected.