Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Father of the year

Jim0331

Ok, my son was home from Camp Pendleton for Thanksgiving and after my wife and I went to bed, I left a "christmas list" on my computer desk for him to find that said my wife and I were buying him a new suit for christmas ! What he doesn't know is we picked up the GSG 5SD for him yesterday !

I can't wait to see his face on christmas eve (he's the newest Corporal in his unit, so he is duty NCO on christmas day !) This should be fun !

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

I picked up another 200 rounds when I picked up the gun. My gun stoe here in Culver City has a pretty good supply of 22 ammo, so I am not too worried about it yet. The magazines are a different story though. They told me they had to send all their Promag 10 round magazines back to the factory. Apparently, you can remove the butt plate and convert them to the hi-cap 22 round magazine without any tools, so they have none at the moment. I wanted to get him 2 more magazines before christmas.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone had a great christmas and a happy new year.

Well, My son turned about 9 shades of purple and crapped a llama when he opened his present. It was pretty funny, I was able to get him the extra mags and my wife wrapped them up but when he opened that up first, my wife tells him it was a mistake and that it was one of my presents. He actually apoligized to me for that ! We let him open the rifle and it was pretty funny !

He's still trying to figure out what accessories he wants but he is definately into this in a big way ! I am glad I have a hobby I can share with my son !