Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

LL from OKlahoma

Lightsluvr

Hi folks. In the course of searching for a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 MOE, I found this site on Google. I was impressed with the amount of information available here.

My wife and I live in a suburb of Oklahoma City (Go Thunder!). We have taken classes for concealed and open carry and await our SDA permits from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

I have hunted (off and on) for half a century, which gives a hint as to my age. My wife has been shooting handguns for almost 10 years, after our oldest son (LE Lieutenant) took her to the range and let her fire his service weapons. She is hooked on shooting and we go to an indoor range every week or so. (Date night)

Since we do not own a long gun, I felt it was time to get one while the getting is still allowed. We looked at the "Modern Sporting Rifles" in the .223/5.56 caliber, but decided to go rim fire. We are going with .22LR because my wife is likely to shoot it more often due to recoil issues. Second the cost and availability of 22 ammo is common sense. Will a 22LR will worthwhile in a home defense situation? Hopefully, we will never find out, because we have .357 and .380 handguns that fill the bill.

We appreciate this site and look forward to becoming contributing members.

LL

Welcome.

A whole bunch of little 22 pills delivered to the center of a BG's chest will definately be a life changing experience for the intruder. Most likely will result in the BG reaching room temperature.

And the .22lr rifles are so easy to shoot well.

I think a 22 semi-auto rifle makes a fine home defense firearm.

Welcome.

A whole bunch of little 22 pills delivered to the center of a BG's chest will definately be a life changing experience for the intruder. Most likely will result in the BG reaching room temperature.

And the .22lr rifles are so easy to shoot well.

I think a 22 semi-auto rifle makes a fine home defense firearm.

Thanks for the comments... I remember the days when the 22LR was my only choice for squirrel hunting... and ground hogs didn't like me much, either.

I think I can train my wife to be quite a marksman with the S&W 22LR. She is very enthusiastic about shooting her S&W Bodyguard 380.

LL