Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Who Is to Blame

eeyore

Who's to Blame....

a google search provides these answers

Sasha Brown -Worsham, The Newtown Shooting Tragedy Should Change Everything About This Country's Gun Culture. There have been 31 school shootings since Columbine and no one has done a damn thing to enact change. The death of children is just the continued price we pay for our fear around this issue. Why is this the third rail of politics? Why is it NEVER the time to talk about it?

Let's not upset the gun lobby. They have guns, after all. In case you are wondering, the National Rifle Association's "official" comment was not to have a comment. There were not even condolences for those innocent lives lost at the end of a gun. There was nothing. Only silence.

The Sun points out He had a obsession with "The Call of Duty"

"Too soon to speak out about a gun-crazy nation? No, too late," tweeted "Bowling for Columbine" director Michael Moore. "At least THIRTY-ONE school shootings since Columbine."

"The way to honor these dead children is to demand strict gun control, free mental health care, and an end to violence as public policy," he added.

Samuel L. Jackson Say's Don't Blame Gun Control Or Violence In Movies This [shooting] is about people who aren't taught the value of life

Evan Rachel Wood tweeted: "What is it going to take? #guncontrol"

Quentin Tarantino says I just think you know there's violence in the world, tragedies happen, blame the playmakers,"He added that blame should fall on those who commit the crimes.

Rashida Jones "Gun control is our only road to freedom," she said. "Freedom from the fear of senselessly losing children. I'm so saddened. WE NEED LAWS NOW."

Jamie Foxx "We cannot turn our back and say that violence in films or anything that we do doesn't have a sort of influence. It does."

Hugo Schwyzer, a history and gender studies professor at Pasadena City College. tweeted “MEN committing acts of Mass Violence is an epidemic that the U.S. needs to immediately address!†His thoughts on the Aurora shooting “Are white men particularly prone to carrying out the all-too-familiar mass killings of which last week’s Aurora shooting is just the latest iteration? Is there something about the white,

male, middle-class experience that makes it easier for troubled young men to turn schools and movie theaters into killing fields? In a word, yes.â€

CNN host Piers Morgan said the tragedy led to what is "now President Obama's biggest test - will he have the courage to stand up to the American gun lobby?"

According to PressTV, Iran’s state-run English language media outlet, Israeli death squads were responsible for last week’s shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary that took the lives of 20 children and a number of adults.

Actress Mia Farrow tweeted that "gun control is no longer debatable -- it's not a 'conversation' -- It's a moral mandate."

Too many guns. Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia, a conservative member of the National Rifle Association who posed with a rifle and promised to protect the Second Amendment in his election campaign videos, said on Monday that it's time to reconsider our nation's gun laws.

Comedian Patton Oswalt agreed there was no room for discussion: "Yeah, I'll wade right the fuck into this: MORE gun control, MORE mental health services. It's no longer a debate. Never was. #newtown"

Sherri Tenpenny she insinuates that events such as those in Newtown, CT, may be caused by vaccines

How much “mental illness†in children starts from the 66 vaccine antigens and doses chemicals injected into developing brain by 6 months of age?…There is nothing “hysterical†about that statement — simply the facts about what comes through those needles.â€

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who is ordained as a minister in the Southern Baptist Church, said Friday on Fox News that "we've systematically removed God from our schools."

"Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?" he asked.

Allfred Waddel, I think some of the blame for such a heinous crime could fall on the doorsteps of those that are looking the other way.

An inadequate mental health system, an overly obsessed with killing entertainment industry, the stubborn resistance of the National Rifle Association (NRA) to accept a real need for gun control in the US, and the political arena lacking the courage to take a firm stand against the NRA have left America vulnerable to the type of active shooter that springs up out of nowhere to kill innocent people.

Morgan Freeman Claims. He did not make this statement credited to him, “Turn on the news and see how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single ‘victim’ of Columbine? So congratulations, sensationalist media, you’ve just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or maternity ward next.â€

Focus on the Family Founder James Dobson appeared to at least partly blame last week's school shooting in Newtown, Conn., on the nation's embrace of gay marriage and tolerance for abortion.And a lot of these things are happening around us, and somebody is going to get mad at me for saying what I am about to say right now, but I am going to give you my honest opinion: I think we have turned our back on the Scripture and on God Almighty and I think he has allowed judgment to fall upon us. I think that's what's going on,"

"30 Rock" star Alec Baldwin chimed in on the Twitter conversation and wrote, "One storm after another.... #GunControlNow."

Everyone's talking about the need for gun control and mental health treatment in the wake of the Newtown school shooting, and Peggy Noonan is on board with reform in both areas. But there's a third area she thinks sorely needs to be addressed: "our national culture ... of death." Violent movies, TV shows, and video games have "a bad impact on the young and unstable who aren’t sturdy enough to withstand and resist sick messages and imagery," Noonan writes in the Wall Street Journal.

Rick McDaniel, The Newtown tragedy hits me hard for several reasons. My home state is Connecticut and I grew up in a town very much like Newtown. As a pastor celebrating Christmas I cannot help but see the similarity between Newtown and what happened after Jesus' birth. King Herod ordered all children in Bethlehem under two killed because he wanted to kill Jesus and scholars tell us that 20 young children were killed that day the exact number as Newtown's young children. I also feel a responsibility as a moral leader to speak out about this tragedy. Piers Morgan said on his CNN show that it is time for moral leadership and I couldn't agree more though his version of it and mine may be different

William Murray, The killing of young children at their school will be linked by many pundits to the availability of guns. Still others will blame the violent act on some pathology or childhood trauma. Some may even blame the Hollywood culture with its disregard for humanity, on which human bodies are seen being dissected nightly on network TV. Virtually no one will call what occurred in Newtown an act of evil.

Advocates for stricter gun control laws gathered in front of the NRA's Washington DC office to pin responsibility on the organization for the Sandy Hook murders. MRCTV's Dan Joseph spoke to some of the protesters to find out why they thought the NRA was to blame and how they would change America's gun laws.

This sick, sick, utterly horrifying shooting was done by a mind-controlled, MKultra Manchurian programmed by the criminals at the CIA in an attempt at further gun control or even grabbing our guns, and all of you know this. In fact, he was the 'perfect' Manchurian, he committed suicide at the end of his rampage, just as he was programmed to do. And the timing of the shooting was NOT coincidental! Your never ending, patronizing, emotionally phony coverage makes us puke! Little puppets bobbing up and down on your satanic masters strings.....None of this will work though, we promise that. We'll take your gun control and shove it up your ass and if you think you can just grab our guns, think again."

After a cople of hours of reading, I still had not found a post that said, Blame Adam Lanza

No the liberals are going to bend a twist everything and flat out lie to attempt take our guns away.

I've already started working on a letter to every New Mexico legislator to warn them against knee jerk reaction or going with the flow. I write a decent letter, but do not claim to be a wordsmith. I'll share my letter with you all and would like to see yours if you're going to write you legislators also.

CT has been setting up for this disaster for years. 40 years of the democrats controlling CT. They firmly believe signs and happy thoughts will protect citizens. CT is living proof that assault weapon bans do nothing. Our ban here pre-dates the federal ban. Yet CT lawmakers are calling for an AWB...Not even acknowledging we have it in place. CT has systematically shutdown mental health facilities. One of the few I know remaining has not been taking on new patients. When the current residents die off the school will be closed.

Also keep in mind that the liberal mindset here in CT is that even bad guys should not be killed because they are victims too, "Victims of something in their lives that made them this way".

How quickly we have forgetten the Petit home invasion in Cheshire.

As I have said elsewhere the Dems were coming for the guns in the New year regardless. The perfect storm delivered them 26 faces to exploit there will.

First, the actions of Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Wade Michael Page, Jacob Tyler Roberts, among others, who have committed atrocious acts of murder, are indefensible, inexcusable, and simply evil.

Second, our hearts, prayers, and thoughts go out to the victims of all of the tragedies that have befallen various communities throughout the United States over the past several years.

Now, onto the meat of this post. To blame an inanimate object, such as a firearm, for the heinous and evil act of a human being is asinine. As it has been previously written on this forum, AWB's do not work. Yet this is the only thing the liberal left can think of. As such, it fits Einstein's definition of insanity. For they continue to do the same thing over and over again, hoping for or expecting a different result. I've read the CT statute regarding their AWB. The first paragraph defining an Assault Weapon is straight on and revolves around the fact that the assault weapon is a select fire weapon, to include fully automatic or burst mode. Then, it goes "South" by also including in the Assault Weapon definition all of the "evil" cosmetic features such as flash suppressors, collapsable stocks, pistol grips, bayonet lugs, and my personal favorite, grenade launcher (that's right, a grenade launcher). CT does not have a magazine capacity limit.

The aforementioned adam henrys are to blame. Not society. We didn't "fail" them. Not the guns they used. THEY are the ones to blame. Here in CO, Mr. Holmes even told a psychologist or psychiatrist he fantasized about doing what he actually did and she did nothing to stop him. Dr. Patient confidentiality don't you know?

After the Clackamas County mall shooting in Portland, I saw the handwriting on the wall. I had already gotten my M&P 15-22. My wife, God Bless her, said, and I quote: "If you think they're going to clamp down, go ahead and get the HK 416 D 22 and as many magazines as  you can before they're no longer available."

Friends and I have had discussions about this issue and they're ongoing. The AWB comes as no surprise. And the only thing that will come of it is a new income stream for the Cartels in Mexico. They smuggle drugs and people into this country. Now they'll add weapons.

In November, I ran for the Colorado State Senate as a Republican, got the NRA endorsement, and lost to the incumbent, anti-gun Democrat. But not by much. I took 41% of the vote and there was a Libertarian third party candidate who took 5% of the vote. First time I ever ran for office. My plan, had I been elected, was to legislate sentencing enhancements for idiots who used firearms in the commission of a crime, that were exempt from "good time" or parole. There would have been a specific exemption for cases where the issue of self-defense was raised. But, since I didn't win, I guess we're up the creek so to speak, here in CO, where it's now legal to possess up to 30 grams of marijuana for 'personal use'.

And one of our Congressmen, Ed Perlmutter, is leading the charge for an AWB in Congress. God help us.  I'm simply bracing for the impact, for it seems that Obama and company are paying heed to the Rahm Emanuel axiom "Don't let a crisis go to waste". Hopefully, the NRA won't cave and roll over.

Thoughts?       

Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm a retired Federal Agent, worked for DHS Immigration and Customs Enforcement. So, I'm read into "Fast and Furious". If the AWB goes through, the guns will be coming back into the US from Mexico, a reversal of Fast and Furious. It'll be Furious and Fast. And the idiots we've managed to elect don't see it.  C:-)                                                    

as soon as the guns are banned these evil bastards will be going into unarmed schools with knives and stabbing the kids to death. This ( if the media is to be believed at all) is an epidemic in China. Our governor here in Virginia is calling for arming the teachers. How you can arm the very howlers for gun control is beyond me. The overwhelmingly liberal NEA would never cooperate by becoming armed. No way in hell....

I think allowing teachers who want to be armed to be armed and trained if necessay is an excellent idea. At the very least there should be a someone trained and armed who controls the entry into a school. That person should be a member of law enforcement not some wannabe cop.

Mr. Sampson, If I was a voter in your district, you would have received my vote. Yes I am a voting Colorado resident.

In my mind, gun rights and gun laws are just one indicator of a much larger picture of what our government, our society and our

country has become and what it will continue to evolve towards....

They have all but eliminated the problem of terrorists taking over the cock pits of our airlines. Surely they can do the same at our schools, without taking away our rights.

I find it laughable with clowns like Pierce and Whoopi, and the rest of that bunch tell us how to live. After the show they go home to their apartments on 5th avenue in their chauffer driven armed security guards.

While the rest of us out here, don't have anyone to count on except ourselves, in times on national disaster, riots, etc..And yep..it happens. Just look at the looters on Coney Island a few weeks ago, Katrina, Ike, etc...

Have never been in a gunfight and hopefully never will. That doesn't stop me from preparing for the worse. Sharpening my skills at the range, taking classes, etc..The one thing I've been told which I have a tendency to believe is coming in 2nd in a gunfight is a non-survivable event.

No the liberals are going to bend a twist everything and flat out lie to attempt take our guns away.

I've already started working on a letter to every New Mexico legislator to warn them against knee jerk reaction or going with the flow. I write a decent letter, but do not claim to be a wordsmith. I'll share my letter with you all and would like to see yours if you're going to write you legislators also.

I decided to go the face book route, posted this on Senator Mark Udall's face book page.

Being the expert I am not, would welcome  constructive criticism, to help with future communications!

Active shooters who take innocent lives is and should be a concern in our society, and yes, a comprehensive plan should be considered when attempting to address this issue.

Using gun control as the spear point in this issue really shows a lack of understanding of this issue, the gun culture, and our society on a whole!  We can all use a lot of space and words pounding home bullet points in this conversation and ignore a lot of simple truths!

The first "truth" you should be looking at, when one of these shooting happens, what happens to gun, ammunition and shooting accessory sales? They go up.

As those with the opinion that the gun is the problem voice concerns, the sales continue to increase. As the politicians, Such as you Mr. Udall, start posturing, Sales continue to increase. Cause and effect in action.

This shooting and the reaction against gun owners and the gun culture will most likely result in a proliferation of weaponry in to the publics hands that would have probably have taken ten years or so happen naturally. Congratulations on your attempt to curb the sales of Tactical weapons. You failed, all while diverting your time and energy away from issues that could actually benefit your constituents.

Mr. Udall  on this issue (and several others) you only seem to be a talking head for your party, and not a representative of the state of Colorado, but even more important, not a representative that uses common sense  and is a good steward of the of the tax dollars paid in by the people of your district.

"A number of my colleagues in Congress have proposed ideas already, including banning assault weapons"

I would define a Assault Weapon as any weapon used to Assault another individual! Every Media out there is full of statements defining every thing from baseball bats, rocks and knives, to the family car as a Assault Weapon...and I agree.

What I think you are really trying to ban is any weapon configured in a Tactical form.

Truth #2 Banning a firearm based on its configuration will do nothing to reduce the effectiveness of the killing power of the round it fires. As part of this truth, the average hunting rifle that you feel is a important part of our states heritage is more powerful then many of the weapons you seek to ban.

The other part of this equation as you represent it is Clip/Magazine capacity, Yes the high capacity configuration increases the amount of rounds that can be fired with out reloading,  Tactical weapons by design can be reloaded quickly, but also many sporting and hunting weapons can be reloaded just as quickly, Just because a weapon uses a wood stock and lacks the ability to be configured easily with accessories does very little to make it less useful.

A simple shoot gun, costing a fraction of what a Tactical Weapon Cost, combined with a cheap hack saw combined with 5 rounds of 00 buck shot will produce 45 projectiles in 5 trigger pulls. The weapons you define as the problem require 45 trigger pulls.

In close quarters, such as a classroom, were a soft target (soft target being defined as a target that will offer little to no defense) is huddled together, the shotgun is much more effective.

In addition, to define these military-grade weapons is misleading, They are not  Military grade weapons, the are manufactured emulate Military weapons, some manufactures use parts that will meet Military Specs, for example the type of materials and heat treating the components are manufactured from, offering the end user a higher quality and safer firearm. Until that select fire switch is available to the public. These are not Military Weapons.

You stated you were interested in a multifaceted approach but yet the you zero in on  the action of  banning  the manufacture and sale of  Assault Weapons and High Capacity Clips/Magazines. As already stated,  in just a matter of days, your spear head issue has had exactly the opposite effect of your desired outcome.

I hope the other facets of your approach some how truly make a difference and increase the safety of our children and hopefully society on a whole. But as a Voter in your district, I hold no hope,  with so many lawmakers such as yourself, participating and perpetuating in a system that puts party and posturing first and has no real consideration for trying to address issues in a way that makes  effective  use of our districts tax  dollars, I think once again...our representative lawmakers will only make the situation worse.

So last night, I stopped by a sportsman store with a pretty good gun department, 1 tactical rifle in stock, a pink Colt M4 22

A conversation with one of the counterman provided this information. They are currently receiving 15 Tactical weapons per week for their stock orders, the truck delivers on Thursday evening, when they opened the doors on Friday morning, about a 100 people were waiting to purchase those 15 firearms.

Watching CNN last night Anderson Cooper did a segment about Walmart, So We went on line looking for a S&W M&P 22. We found 0 in stock in the Denver and Northern Colorado Front Range area.

A trip to another sporting good store that we went to last week that had the largest selection of Tactical 22's we had seen, they do not carry any tactical weapons of a larger caliper. As of  last night, they had 2 in stock, a GSG-AK47 and a HK. When we walked in.. some one was looking at the GSG,

On Black Friday we visited a store, back ground checks were taking about 3-31/2 hours

Last Friday, December 14th back ground checks 7-10 hours

Last night, December 21st  back ground checks 4-5 days

While at the wall mart in Thornton Colorado...cruised through the gun section,  22 556 and 223  ammo was stripped to bare shelves. with many empty spots in their gun cabinets.

A Little later we visited Bass Pro Shop,  Ammo was seeing the same effect, they had given up on even trying to stock the shelves and were just pushing the 22 rounds out in shopping carts. The cart that was there while we were there was almost empty and a gentleman that was stocking up was nice enough to hand over a 500 brick to me as he took the rest of the bricks, also picked up a 100 round box of Mini Mag's.

A walk past the sales counter reviled incredibly empty shelves that usually are full with a variety of handguns, the only surprise still left in the cases was a M&P 22, but they had those on a advertised special this weekend, so I am guessing they might have still has some back stock on those.

There were two tactical rifles left. 2 Mossberg Tactical 22's in a light camo ... but as I was coming to the counter to pay for my 22 rounds, I heard a young man looking at one say "I'll Take It"

I heard many of the sales staff say.. with the Holidays, back ground checks will most likely take a week

EEYORE,

I noticed you were in the stores in Thornton, and wonder if you live in Adams County? Reason is that I'm planning a POSSIBLE run for County Commissioner in 2014. If you do, let's get together in person to talk.

Now, onto the issue at hand. Gun prices have gone up. Ammo is flying off the shelves. It's nuts. And it's going to get worse as time goes on.

C:-)

Ya think?  ;D

Trying to figure out how this knee JERK reaction to the latest spate of stupidity will manifest itself. Will it be a total BAN on AW's, or just future sales, taxing the guns and ammo for them, requiring an ATF license much like a Class 3 license. Or a combination of the above. Mag capacity limits will be coming as well. From a purely selfish perspective, I hope that there will be an exemption for LEO's and RETIRED LEO's.

The obvious solution is a sentencing enhancement for anyone who uses a firearm in the commission of a crime.

Consider this, when Mr. Roberts in Clackamas County was confronted with a CCW permit holder who drew down on him, he killed himself. When the cops were responding to Sandy Hook Elementary, Mr. Lanza killed himself. When Mr. Holmes heard the Aurora PD responding, he surrendered. When the Sikh Temple shooter heard the cops responding, he killed himself. The inescapable conclusion is that these COWARDS, when confronted with good guys with guns, either off themselves or surrender. Hmmm. . . . where did I hear this before? Oh yeah, Wayne La Pierre of the NRA who said: "The only person that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". And the NY Times and Daily News and others ridiculed him. Uh-huh. They CAN'T support the "La Pierre doctrine". The reason why is that to support it would require everyone to be armed. And we can't have that because the ultimate objective is to DISARM the law abiding citizens of this country so that those who wish to establish a socialist republic can do so without fear of any resistance.

Merry Christmas, one and all.