Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

MP5 A5, MP5SD

* Metal recievers.

* Compensators

* NAVY style pistol grip.

* Retractable stocks.

* H&K style diopter iron sights. Adjustable for elevation or windage.

The A5 model features a standard MP5 forend and a faux suppressor. The MP5SD forend is modeled on the original SD forend although the suppressor is also just for the look and is non-functioning. Standard fixed stocks will be able for purchase.

Both these guns will be able to be purchased with either a 10 round or 25 round magazine.

That's what I am thinking. When I heard about the H&K case against GSG and then that they had asked Umarex to make some of their models, I was expecting something late 2010 or after that. They must have been sitting on these designs for some time now, I wonder what else will be coming along.

I have heard some negative comments re Umarex, are they to be avoided at all costs or is it a case of look at each design on it's own merits?

I also wonder if all these are going to have the same internals.

I accept that these are the first press release pictures and that much can change before they start their first production run,

But, looking at these pictures it looks like they are using the H&K take down pins, which was a topic for customising with the GSG's.

Also looks like they have used the correct sling point on the stock and fore end but not on the magazine well, although there would appear to be mounting options.

I would want to use a 3 point sling so that I could practise my drills at home as I do at work.

First advertised prices?

On Point Firearms

http://www.onpointsupply.com/cart.php?target=search&substring=umarex

H&K 416 D145RS 22LR 16.1" 10RD BLUE

Price: $ 541.83

H&K 416 D145RS 22LR 16.1" 20RD BLUE

Price: $ 541.83

H&K MP5 A5 22LR 16.1" 10RD BLUE

Price: $ 438.90

H&K MP5 A5 22LR 16.1" 25RD BLUE

Price: $ 438.90

H&K MP5 SD 22LR 16.1" 10RD BLUE

Price: $ 485.93

H&K MP5 SD 22LR 16.1" 25RD BLUE

Price: $ 485.93

• 3 months later...

I am super pumped for the MP5A5. I was heavily swaying towards a GSG-5. However divine intervention kicked in. the store I was at only had the 1st year anniversary versions in silver and gunmetal. I wanted all black. the clerk said tey have M4 22lr. which I broke down and bought. Now we come almost full circle since last sept, Im in the market for a 22 MP5. I heard the rumors about HK making one but didnt think it would so soon. Im glad I waited.

I called my local gunshop, where I bought my Colt M4ops, and they said to call back tmw. Supposedly if the distributor has them then i can get my MP5 by the end of the week. Cant wait!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spoke to a Umarex sales rep who advised me that the MP5 should be hitting retailers late this month around October 22nd. I too was going to wait for the Umarex MP5 but unfortunately they're not coming out with a pistol version (at least not yet) so you can't SBR one.

I also received an inside scope that the Umarex is basically a 3rd gen GSG-5 with only a few differences.

• 1 year later...

New post on old thread........I bought a H&K MP5 SD (marked HK MP5 on right side.........Mounted a Red Dot scope on it using a Umarex adaptor made for the 9mm version........Zeroed to day and put more than 500 rounds thru it.......I am a bit shakey at my age, but got about 1 inch groups at 25 yards with a few of my (alzshimers twitches)...............I have three other 22 cal military look a like firearms, but I think I like the HK the most.

post-1303-14412438286_thumb.jpg

post-1303-144124382862_thumb.jpg

I am really enjoying my military look a like 22s....THe HK MP5 is a real riot at all the ranges that I have shot it at.......I like it the most with the Umarex Colt C4 next, then the GSG AK 47 22, then the S&W M&P 15 22 MOE.....All are great weapons for the cost and cheap ammo that I am burning up at an alarming rate............The guy in Walmart sporting goods thinks I am conducting a small scale war some where......Bought 4 555 boxes of Winchester today.

post-1303-144124383798_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...