Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

M&P 15-22 Magazines

ChiefDinkel

Greetings All!  I am new to this forum and it really has my interest.  I recently purchased an MOE 15-22 and I'm at a loss for finding extra 25-round magazines.  Are these things out there, other than the $100 ones I see on ebay?  I'm a guy who just loves to shoot and have a good time.  I'm getting so disgusted with the greedy boneheads who take advantage of our current leader's poor decision-making.  I swear... there are guys around here who have never held a firearm in their lives, and they're now in the business of selling semi-auto firearms.  One of these guys, in particular, told me he would sell me some 25-rd 15-22 mags for $100 each.  I'm just so disgusted!  Any help would be appreciated.

post-1594-144124387098_thumb.jpg

I have not really tried to buy any stock mags, given the stupid cost, I did purchase 2 Plinker Tactical 35rd mags, I was a little nervous about them after reading some negative reviews. They actually showed up while I was out shooting my M&P for the first time. I loaded them both up with Remington Thunderbolts, on both mags that 35th round was very hard to load, I did purchase their load assist, but still...things started tightening up around the 32-33 round count.

I went back out about a week later and ran both loaded mags through 1 time, with both mags, I struggled to chamber the first round on both mags, but after that, both ran through with out a hitch, thinking I might have a couple of 34 round mags!

I have yet to look at the size of the rim diameter on a variety of rounds, thinking that maybe the Remington's might have a slightly larger rim. But I would be ok with them if they work fine at 34 rounds.

Before I had even bought the M&P, I was reading the writing on the wall and ordered 2 pro-mags each for my GSG and for the M&P, Hoping I would find one in all this craziness. The 2 Pro-Mags For the M&P have been released from back order and are on their way. I will give the Plinker and Pro-Mags a run through again and report on how they do!

I've seen the Plinker Tactical 35s, but not the Pro Mags.  I'll have to check them out.  I hate the idea of shoving something aftermarket into my awesome gun, but I'm desperate at the moment.  Who knows... I may end up paying $100 for a mag.  It sucks, but so does our society's greediness.  Thanks for your replies. 

If that was a 25-round magazine for $68, then that guy got the deal of the year.  I've seen some 10-rounders going for that and higher.  I'm sure they're out there, but I just can't find them.  This just sucks.  I'm also starting to have difficulty finding .22lr ammo in my area.  Before too long, that stuff is going to have a crazy price tag on it.

• 4 weeks later...

After 2 months of trying to get my hands on a couple S&W 25 round mags, I ordered and have been waiting a month for a couple of mags from P-Mag. Today I went to the range at a local gun shop, on the way out I saw a couple 35rd Plinker Tactical mags hanging on the wall. I bought both of them for $26.99 each. I will see how they work tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

i wish i had some words to help. california residents have additional mag pains besides these rising costs of accessories (along with a few other states with blinders on); the fact that they limit how many rounds a magazine can hold!!

how can federal and/or state legislature not understand that limiting law-abiding citizens gives criminals the upper hand!! criminals do not walk into the local gun or sporting goods store and make their purchases with the required paperwork!! criminals get their guns, ammo and mags illegally !! how does any current or pending anti-gun/mag legislation keep that from happening?!

• 10 years later...