Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

adjustable stock trim out

The magpul stocks are real nice, I like the open look of the stocks, but I simply don't want to spend anymore money on guns or mods at this time. So a little trimout was in order. The triangular section to be removed is drilled at each corner with a Unibit, remember the corner radius of the opening is determined by the size hole you drill at each corner. Once the three holes are drilled, score the area to be removed with a razor knife from hole to hole. Score each line  about 1/2 way thru the plastic. Then take the pliers and break the piece out. It's pretty tough, be very patient and it will come out fairly clean. Then take a razor knife with a NEW blade and trim the hole cleanly. It don't look too bad.... :grin:

post-16-144124359377_thumb.jpg

post-16-144124359382_thumb.jpg

yes the stock is still very strong, I didn't cut the hole all the way to the edge of the stock, about a 1/4'' inch of the flat panel was left to maintain strength. Smurf the panel could be cut with a saw, however I did this at my command center in the den ( recliner), and wanted to watch TV rather than stand out in the garage with the band saw....so the razor knife worked okay for this small project.LOL