Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Mikey Likes it!

techmike

I have had my M4 for about 3 weeks. Put a scope on it right away - 6x32 Leapers MilDot. This is without a doubt the most fun gun I have shot. Handles well, after the first 20 - 30 rounds, no stoppages except with one brand of ammo. (Remington) I have two 30 round mags, both function flawlessly, and are easy to load. I was disappointed with the "Official" Colt cleaning procedure - the use of spray cleaner has never been my favorite, but Colt insists that anything beyond removing 1 pin would violate the warranty. But overall, I really like the gun!

post-10-144124357966_thumb.jpg

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=videos

Here is a link to Colt's video for field stripping and cleaning. This is a good thing to watch, because the written instructions provided with the rifle does not mention that you HAVE to unscrew the compensator 2 turns before trying to remove the rear receiver pin. Next time I clean mine I will take pics and post - as I take it down a bit further.

TM

Hi folks- glad to have found this site...I have the OPS model. Sure do like it...the Walther scope can be had for as low as $66.00 online. Hose her out with breakfree and keep shooting! I've read from other guys that a lightweight trigger spring will turn the colt/umarex into a full-auto, probably best to just simichrome polish the component surfaces, leaving the spring weights alone.... ;D