Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Hanging bird feeders

imschur

I like squirrels. I have actually trained the squirrels to come when I call. I feed them peanuts by hand. Occasionally when Im leaving for work a squirrel will come running out of nowhere, jump up on my truck and stare at me through the windshield.

There's also a squirrel that hangs around with and plays with one of my cats. Its hysterical.

I used a roll of 14GA wire I had lying around and clamped some vise grips to it and then threw the wire over a limb waaay up in an effort to keep squirrels from eating all the seed. They do however slide down the wire head first to the feeder. "Lil Bastards"

Oh and I like Squirrels too....lightly breaded and pan fried :confused:

I have a neighbor that has all but domesticated much of the local squirrel population. Last summer I was working in the garage with the door up. Had a weird feeling that I was being watched, and since crime is not unheard of in Toledo, I took a grip on my CC weapon and turned towards the door - there were two squirrels IN my garage looking for food.... I do not like rodents with sharp teeth. Except, of course, as Cyclone posted "lightly breaded and pan fried". I like them in a stew.....

TM

PS to Cyclone - let's trade recipes!