Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

What's your favorite Recipe ?

techmike

I like to cook, not just bbq, but cooking.  I have not poisoned any one in a long time. What's your specialty? My wife's family asks me for this most often:

Mexican Roll-Ups

2 cans drained white chicken meat-shred it

3 or 4 containers cream cheese-allow it to come to room temp

salsa-to taste

chopped onions

garlic salt - to taste

flour tortillas

peppers if you like

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, season to taste. Spread mix on a tortilla, and roll the tortilla up.  Place rolled tortillas in a pan, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for two hours. Slice rolls in 1 inch slices - serve chilled. Yum.

TM

I also like to cook, learned from necessity as I was a single parent from when my kids were 8 and 10 till they left home.

My favorite dish is Grilled Asian Cornish Hens. It is my show off meal when family comes to visit. It uses asian flavor to enhance the cornish hens, portobello mushrooms, asparagus and yukon gold potates and can be made on the grill or in the oven/broiler in the winter.

If anyone is interested I'll type it up and attach it later.

Back in the day of single parenting I belonged to a Single Parents group while stationed in Spain. We decided to have a New Years Eve party at one of the members home overlooking all of Madrid, which has wonderful fireworks displays all over the city. The ladies whose home it was at ask if several of us could help get things ready including making a meal for all who would come. So we showed up early to help her clean and cook, and alcohol was involved. For the meal we made Garlic Chicken, the recipe gave you the option of putting the garlic at one of three places in the process depending on how strong you wanted it. Well the alcohol over-road the proper reading of the recipe and we put the garlic in at all three places! To this day Vampires are afraid to enter Madrid and none of us in attendance have ever been bitten by one.