Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

fte's on my gsg ak47

lmao_37

i finally got to a rifle range on saturday an i used my gsg ak47 i fired 550 .22 federal bulk ammo i had a few fte's then i brought a 50 box of winchester super x and an fte every other round  and 2 ftf but yesterday i went to the range again with 2 of my cousins and we took a box of federal ammo again and we had at least 2 fte's off each mag of 24 rounds the gun was cleaned and oiled to the way the manual said is it the way i cleaned it or the ammo  :confused: this is the first time i have brought a gun and ammo it is a new gun and i was wondering if they could give me some advise please :thumb:

I believe your our second member with the GSG AK. I fear we may let you down on advice.

The Winchester ammo has a rep for not being reliable but the Federal is well respected.

Is there any sort of adjustments for the action?

Maybe you can private message microgunner. He's the other member with one of these. Unfortunately He's not around during the week.

Ill poke around for info when I get home

i have phoned the importer that deals with my rifle and i have sent it back to them to have tested and repaired under warrenty as its had such a high number of fte's i would fire the gun 3 times it would fte on the third one on every mag even cleaned the gun and mag and it still did it, the rifle was clean when we started to shoot and the first mag went through no probs then it just refused to eject i wish i hadnt brought an gsg ak47  >:( should have got a s&w m&p15/22 instead  also the safety lever nearly came off due to a screw working its self loose every time i worked the safty lever  the build quality is crap  :o

They sent me a 30 round replacement. The 2 rounder is for the German market only says ATI. For hunting purposes we hypothesized. The 2 rounder can be converted be removing the filler panels on the sides and replacing the spring and base. You can see the 2 round magazine in this photo.

GSGKAASHNIKOV004.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i phoned ATI yesterday and they have tested and repaired my rifle, when the empty cases were ejecting they were hitting the inside of the cocking handle and rebounding back it to the bolt face (the tech i spoke to yesterday said its the first time he has seen this with a gsg ak47) so ATI have tune'd  the ejector  so the empty case's eject slightly forward to avoid the cocking handle and it should be back by the end of the week so i cant wait to get it and take it to the range again  :grin:

i finally got my rifle back today, you can see where the ejector has been reworked and they have repainted all the arear's where the paint had chipped off where the stove piped empty case's hit the same spot it looks like they have done a good job of repairing it, but i wont know until a week after next when i can get to the range to use it but at least its back  :grin: