Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

new owner

Bagsby

Hey guys I just picked up my M4 about a weeke ago. I haven't been able to shoot yet due to work which sucks. The feel of it is pretty decent. A buddy of mine has a double star ar15 and the looks are about the same. I just wish the stock and forend didn't have the amount of wobble they do.

The only mod so far is a BSG red dot scope that came with the gun. was taken with my phone and in a hurry so will get better pictures soon.

95f10114.jpg

I purchased the gun from my local gun shop under consignment from a another customer. I received the original box and some of the manual for it but it didn't have the allen wrenches with it. Does anybody know what the sizes are for the wrenches or if I can order them from umarex? I didn't see anything about them on the website and haven't gotten a response from my email to them yet either.

Welcome! I think the wrenches are 2.5mm and a long 4.0mm. The stock wobble can be cured by shimming inside the stock with self adhesive teflon tape. But there should not be any wobble or play in the hand-guard. Since you mentioned it was "pre-owned", I would suggest to have it checked before you fire it.

TM

The handguard isn't too bad it just turns like a fraction of an inch nothing serious. I just was hopeing it was a little tighter but it's nothing I can't fix. 

Thanks for the tip on the stock. I was checking out Rodent's sloppiness fix thread and was going to do that until I get the ctr stock ordered for a quick fix but might try the Teflon tape instead got tons of that laying around the work to use.