Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

CCI stingers

M4rk

what advantages would one have using CCI Stingers over CCI Mini Mags or CCI Blazers for plinking purposes?

i currently have the Mini Mags and Blazers around 3K rounds...just want to know if the extra cost of the Stingers are worth it?

bullet travels faster.... cycles the bolt better.

Might be that you have to consider a combination of bullet weight and feet per second out the muzzle.  A charge that moves a heavier bullet at a certain speed out the muzzle, all things otherwise being equal, would deliver more recoil force to the bolt than a charge moving a lighter bullet the same speed. In addition, bullet shape and coating might have an effect on how they feed through a specific gun, I would think.

what advantages would one have using CCI Stingers over CCI Mini Mags or CCI Blazers for plinking purposes?

i currently have the Mini Mags and Blazers around 3K rounds...just want to know if the extra cost of the Stingers are worth it?

I'm just an ammo pack rat.  DO NOT ask how much .223 or 5.7 I have on hand.

:o

I may never catch up to Madhouse, but I have over a 1000 rounds of most calibers I use except for .22 and I have over that amount in both CCI Mini Mags and Federal Auto Match. I buys some sort of ammo or reloading component every payday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm shooting the new HK MP5 SD and it takes HV rounds. Now  I have shot the Stingers for about two days. And the gun shoots them great but I later read somewhere that Hyper V rounds may hurt the bolt. Is this true in my gun or can the Hyper rounds be considered to be a high velocity  round and OK to shoot out my gun?

• 2 weeks later...

Hyper velocity 22lrs are usually just high velocity w/lighter bullets.

Of course, the laws of physics still apply, if the bullet is traveling faster the bolt will also be traveling faster.

as far as laws of physics... and im not too familiar with it. heavier grain should have more force than a lighter one?? but the lighter grain bullet should have a faster (FPS) i duno.... LOL

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've looked at the specs on both Stingers and Velocitors. The Stinger is a 32 grain bullet, the Velocitor launches a 40 grain bullet. Muzzle velocity of the Stinger is in excess of 1,600 fps and the Velocitor clocks at I believe 1,500 fps or so. However, where it becomes interesting is muzzle energy and energy at 100 yards. The Velocitor has more energy at 100 yards than the Stinger by some 20 foot pounds (101 vs. 81). Also, the bullet out of the Velocitor round remains intact and mushrooms rather nicely. The Stinger tends to splinter and/or fragment.

I've fired all CCI preferred rounds out of my M&P 15-22, to include the CCI AR rounds. ALL of them functioned flawlessly. Remington Golden failed to fire on two occasions, failed to feed three times. As such, CCI will be the ONLY ammunition I will run through my tactical 22's.  No exception unless someone comes up with my dream .22 which is a pointed boat tail 40 grain bullet. I can dream, right? If it can be done for the .17 HMR, why not for a .22 LR?

C:-)