Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

SMITH vs. COLT .22`s

44terryberry

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

S&W manual of arms is light years better than Colts.

Longitude Zero, could you explain what you mean by "manual of arms".........

Having both rifles and having fired both extensively, I can find no significant difference in quality and accuracy between the two...The only fault I find with the S&W M&P is that the receiver is polymer where as the Colt has an all aluminum receiver............Have you personally owned and operated both rifles or are you going by other peoples reviews?

Also the S&W breaks down more in line with the real AR's.  IMHO Colt foolishly overcomplicated the mechanism.  Keep It Simple.  I have owned and operated both.  I kept the S&W and sold the Colt.  Pretty much answers that.

The Colt was not my cup of tea.  Polymer vs Aluminium is really a non issue for many as the polymer has had no documented troubles.

Longitude Zero, my Colt and S&W both break down nearly the same.....Push out the pin just behind the trigger and safety and the rifles break like the 5.56 ARs....The further field stripping may differ some what, but if the manual is followed there is no problem............................................Do you have both rifles to do hands on comparisons?.........Both rifles are great and the owners are entitled to their opinion of which they prefer........I like both and would recommend either equally.

• 2 weeks later...