Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Bye Bye Colt

44terryberry

Well,you guys know all the problems I was having with my Colt .22. Jamming,FTF, you name it. I polished the feed ramp,thought that cured it, but ,I was wrong. I did everything I could think of to make it work. This past weekend, I completely stripped the action down to the bare bones and cleaned and lubricated it. I thought, " Now she`s gonna work for me!". Took it to the range today..,expecting it to run like a top.Guess what? It jammed even more now.I was  thoroughly disgusted.I tried everything in the approx. 1300 rounds i put in it.So, i packed it up, took it to my nearest gun emporium,and got rid of it. Thank God.I lost a fair amount of bucks trading it in, but it was  worth the loss in frustration. NO more Colts for me! 

• 3 months later...

Sometimes its the ammo as in hollow points gave me trouble with FTF,switched to CCI mini-mag 22LR 40gr. copper-plated round nose fed better in 10-22.On S&W 22a polished feed ramp and had S&W send new recoil pads [little white plastic pads] and new springs.Which they sent at no cost,feed alot better.