Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Suprressed .22's and You

imschur

Do you have or plan on getting a suppressor for .22?   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have or plan on getting a suppressor for .22?

• Yes I want a .22 suppressor
    • No I dont want a .22 suppressor
    • Maybe
    • I already have at least one .22 suppressor
    • I want a .22 suppressor but Im not sure how to go through the process.
    • My state sucks and doesnt allow ownership

Tal you can get a great  .22 suppressor including the tax stamp for less than $600 I paid $399 for my silencerco sparrow. The tax stamp is $200

Yep...But if you already got 6 into it...I just think you ought to throw in another couple of grand and walk out fully auto!!!!

And just think Drew...

6 months ago, I played guitar for a hobby... :laugh:

Yep...But if you already got 6 into it...I just think you ought to throw in another couple of grand and walk out fully auto!!!!

And just think Drew...

6 months ago, I played guitar for a hobby... :laugh:

You have no idea how much I chuckle when you post about guns on GL.org. You swapped F holes for bullet holes  :thumb: I have been trying to tell George he should get in to gun parts

What are the main reason for a suppressed .22. Since I shoot on a range all the time I'm can't figure out why I'd need one other than maybe the coolness factor. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against thembut haven't come up with a compelling reason to spend the money or give the info to the feds for the tax stamp.

I can understand if you are able to shoot on your own property and don't want to irritate the neighbors. Sadly I can't, city ordinance.

Hunting for small game so as not to spook other critters?

Indoor shooting to save on the ear drums?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Well, you get two sonic booms when you fire a super sonic projectile, the bullet breaks the sound barrier and so does the expanding gases as they exit the bore.

The supressor effectively reduces the sonic boom from the expanding gases leaving only the projectiles sonic crack.

There is a great reduction of noise but not an elimination.