Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Super Shorty

IndigoWolf

I know what you mean asmurff ... I'd have to use low brass myself. I had a Lone Eagle in 308nato and did not care for any rounds that had projectiles over 150grs. I never did finish the box of 180gr hunting cartridges as after shooting five rounds in a row the snapping recoil would cause my fore arm to be in pain for weeks. It was dead nuts accurate out to 100+ yards but in reality the area I hunted my longest shot was more like 75 feet. It was fun at the range but in the woods it wasn't practical (for me). I have no doubt this shorty would be a beast with full magnum shells.

• 4 months later...

Nice so this would be considered a SBR? And only holds 2 rounds? :confused:

"Any Other Weapon," brother.  Not an SBR for two reasons - not a rifle, and doesn't have a buttstock.  If it had a buttstock, it would be a "SBS" - Short Barreled Shotgun."  That's an actual NFA classification.  "AOW" catches everything else that doesn't fit a certain NFA category or classification.

That thing is damn sweet, too!!!  :beer:

"Any Other Weapon," brother.  Not an SBR for two reasons - not a rifle, and doesn't have a buttstock.  If it had a buttstock, it would be a "SBS" - Short Barreled Shotgun."  That's an actual NFA classification.  "AOW" catches everything else that doesn't fit a certain NFA category or classification.

That thing is damn sweet, too!!!  :beer:

Spot on explanation 98Z5V!  :thumb: