Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Kahr P45 *Bought it, photos added*

Microgunner

God help me, a Kahr P45 just came out of pawn (defaulted) and I put it on the wall for sale.

Now I want it so bad I can taste it.

20 oz, 6+1 shot, very thin .45ACP pistol.

Please let it be sold by the time I come back to work next week or I won't be able to resist it any longer.

Can y'all hear that?.......it's calling to me.

• 5 months later...

Bought it!

Here it is compared to my HK45C I'm wearing today.

Although they look very close in size the HK is much thicker and bigger feeling in my hand.

I love the way the Kahr feels.

Kahr has made their "bones" producing compact...and I mean COMPACT handguns.  The introduction of slimmed down versions from other makers is a direct result of Kahr's highly concealable pistols.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it!

Here it is compared to my HK45C I'm wearing today.

Although they look very close in size the HK is much thicker and bigger feeling in my hand.

I love the way the Kahr feels.

I think what surprises people about Kahr pistols is how compact and light they are.  The Glock 36 would appear to be a direct response to Kahr, yet even then it's not as compact nor light.

Kahr makes outstanding pistols, and while they aren't "cheap" they are something one can bet their life on.

I have a Kahr P380 that fits in a front jeans pocket with ease. It weighs less than 10 oz empty and has THE SMOOTHEST, LIGHTEST, double-action pull I've ever experienced.  Kahr's little .380 is so small and light they even offer a neck carry option!  While I love and appreciate what Glock brings to the table in terms of service grade size and style, I also appreciate that any model Kahr is going to be as compact as any pistol can be made, combined with the smoothest trigger pull imaginable.

I think what surprises people about Kahr pistols is how compact and light they are.  The Glock 36 would appear to be a direct response to Kahr, yet even then it's not as compact nor light.

Kahr makes outstanding pistols, and while they aren't "cheap" they are something one can bet their life on.

I have a Kahr P380 that fits in a front jeans pocket with ease. It weighs less than 10 oz empty and has THE SMOOTHEST, LIGHTEST, double-action pull I've ever experienced.  Kahr's little .380 is so small and light they even offer a neck carry option!  While I love and appreciate what Glock brings to the table in terms of service grade size and style, I also appreciate that any model Kahr is going to be as compact as any pistol can be made, combined with the smoothest trigger pull imaginable.

I too own a Kahr P380 and it has been one of my favorite deep concealment pieces.