Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Tools I gave away

imschur

My grandfather gave my old man a bunch of old wrenches in a wooden crate. We kicked them around for years. They were odd sizes and shapes, not much use around the house so my old man told me to bring them to my work where I was a maintenance mechanic. There they sat until an old timer electrician came in to do some work. He saw them sitting in a corner and asked if he could have them. So naturally I gave them to him as I liked the guy quite a bit. Anyhow some time later he came back for another job and I asked him about the tools. He went on to ask if I had noticed all the tools had the Ford logo on them. I had noticed. He went on to tell me that the tools including the wooden crate where the tool kit that shipped with model T Fords when new. Go figure.

I have an old Ford wrench from my Grandpa - but is doesn't have much monetary value, as the ball on the other end is missing. Still have a nice collection of Grandpa's tools. Including a one-at-a-time .50 cal bullet mold. Also have his "Cruise Book" from when he was in the Navy - pre WW2. The pictures in there are amazing. Pearl Harbor b-4 hotels, all the battleships before they were sunk. If anyone is interested, I could scan & post some.

TM

post-10-144124359928_thumb.jpg