Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

BSA red dot

Madhouse

Is there a way to mount a scope and still see use the iron sights? Something like a raised rings?

Don't know about that, but my scope's rings have thumb screws just like the OEM M-2 iron sight. Once sighted in and locked down, I can remove the scope, mount the iron sight and blast away. Re-installing the scope returns to zero with no problem.

TM

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/563215-REG/Vortex_SFRD_1x30_StrikeFire_Red_Dot.html

I just got one of these delivered to my door for $136. got the AR15 mount one for co-wittnessing. get a $25 gift cert too so the second would only be $105 + frt. Havent had time to site/test yet. They do actually have one of the best tried and tested warranties around too.

I have never used a red dot or holo sight. What am I missing? Guess I don't want to depend on a battery to be able to shoot....

TM :-\

Battery life is very long in many of these. I have had on old Tasco PDP4 on my Colt AR-15 carry handle for years. For me it was about speed at the time I purchased it. I have a C-more on my FS2000 and just got an Eotech 557 AR223 for my birthday. In fact my avatar is a picture of the reticle. The 3 dots are calibrated for bullet drop. The big circle is for speed and naturally the small ones are for accuracy. I through some info on the web about it at my Combatrifle web site

I have never used a red dot or holo sight. What am I missing? Guess I don't want to depend on a battery to be able to shoot....

TM :-\

When you mount a RDS at a proper height so that you can still see your BUIS (Back Up Iron Sights) then if the battery ever goes dead on you, you can still see your Iron Sights thru the scope, but the Irons should be in the bottom 1/2 to 1/3 of your RDS. You use a RDS with both eyes open and can acquisition your target faster that way. These work best if you have at least the rear sight as a fold down one so you don't have to have it up all the time, just when you need it, and it's OK to have both front and rear fold down sights.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-strikefire-red-dot-scope-for-ar15

This will give you an idea of what co-witnessing is if you look at the option pics at the right under the pics.

Hope this helps answer your question.

I've got a red/green dot Tasco 1X42mm ProPoint from WalMart ($42.00) on my mini 14, #BKRD42RGD. Works well for my old eyes, LOL. I also have a BSA Reddot sight #RD30CP on my 10/22. Works well also- $30.00 at you-know-where WM....I'm real tempted to get another Tasco ProPoint for the Colt, but I sure like the tactical scopes with the sunshield....