Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Ruger 10-22 Pictures

imschur

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Ruger youth model 10/22 w/16" barrel, TAPCO stock, Power Custom bolt and mag release, 10/22Magnum charge handle, NDS rear sight w/rail w/Rapid-X windage knob, Eagle HK front sight and John Masen flash hider.  8)

[img width=800 height=600]http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp112/Lon_Moer/DSCN0197_zps4146a82e.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp112/Lon_Moer/DSCN0192_zps5d49153a.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you doctor the Tapco I like it.

Yeah, I'm bad like that.  Nothing major, I had the utg rail on it but didn't care for it.  I cut the rail off, just leaving the scope rail part and the little wings that go down ny the iron sights.  Then I drilled and screwed a couple rails onto the sides of the forend, used some washers to space them out pretty much parallel to each other.  Some rail covers helped it look like a fake quad rail.  At one time I had a carryhandle and front sight on it as well, it looked pretty cool.

I have a new project now, since I picked up a nordic kit cheap from a New Yorker who can't have it anymore.  I also noticed a cheap ssar15-ogr on ar15.com the other day, too cheap to say no.  I have heard tell that they can be made to work together so long as you have a decent trigger.  Hoping to find out this spring.

A guy has to have his toys.

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2014 at 11:48 AM, Lon Moer said:

Ruger youth model 10/22 w/16" barrel, TAPCO stock, Power Custom bolt and mag release, 10/22Magnum charge handle, NDS rear sight w/rail w/Rapid-X windage knob, Eagle HK front sight and John Masen flash hider.  8)

DSCN0197_zps4146a82e.jpg

DSCN0192_zps5d49153a.jpg

Why aren't these pictures showing in the original post??

Edited by Lon Moer

This is my first 10/22 and was the first gun I bought myself after my 18th birthday. I found the Choate folding stock in a LGS in OKC in '85

Has all Power Custom titanium internals, 10/22Magnum charge handle, Eagle Industries barrel shroud, flash hider, rear peep sight w/QD scope mount and HK front sight.

DSCN0051.jpg

Edited by Lon Moer
picture not posting?

• 4 years later...

This is a great thread that needs to be resurrected, and then continued:

sCIt0RXl.jpg

This is an early 90's Ruger 10/22 action with a Fedderson threaded barrel, Volquartsen trigger and light weight "Firefly" bolt. The stock is a Hogue over-molded with the lava type pattern.

I chose to use the Firefly bolt from Volquartsen because it, and the charging handle combined, are much, much lighter than the factory 10/22 bolt and this rig will now cycle CCI Quiet 710 FPS .22 rimfire ammunition with less decibels than a mouse fart when the suppressor is attached.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.