Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

hk 416 .22

I have been lurking a long time, just joined the site the other day. First let me say thanks to all the members for talking up the Colt... I almost did not wait for this.

Well, I picked it up this morning!  ;D ;D

First impression was WOW, very nice! handles well and feels excellent. Then went to the range...

Only had the one 20 rnd magazine that came with it. I ran a bore snake thru it and loaded it up. 400+ rounds of CCI with no failures at all! goupings were tight by my standards. I am very pleased with the purchase so far... very glad I waited! I alsmost bought the S&W. To me the HK feels much better.

I think the stock sites suck, poor copy of the HK sites. I don't understand the rear site. The owners manual states adjusting elevation by a allen head on the site; the allen head disassembles the site. The only way I could adjust the elevation was to rotate the site drum. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the drum rotated to give you different size holes to look through, it does do that, but that also adjusts the elevation. I just don't think the real HK drum site works like this. However I have never adjusted a real HK drum site before. Anyway...

I did remove the flash hider. It does center the actual barrel inside the outer barrel. There is an o-ring that aids in centering. This may be an issue if you want to install a supressor. I need to get an adapter for mine and will report back when I have it figured out.

The trigger is a little stiff, but in my opinion, acceptable for what this gun is intended to do.

I replaced the stock sites with Magpul flip up BUS, Installed Magpul trigger gaurd (requires fitting) popped on the Eotech and rail covers... extended bolt release is next...

I have been waiting a long time for a dedicated .22, I am glad I waited. I am a huge HK fan and am pleased to have this in the safe!

DSC_0578.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...