Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Hi from Ontario

Jan

Good morning!

Just found this forum - and think I found what I was looking for..........

I live in central Ontario, and after 4 years in Canada (I immigrated from Germany), I licenced myself last year for non restricted and restricted firearms. My first rifle was a Savage 64, recently I upgraded my new Norinco "Homeland Security" shotgun in a tactical, added ATI tactical stock and red dot scope.

While the shotgun is just for home defense (house in the country, bear, coyotes and wolves in my backyard), the Savage is my fun-rifle....... Cheap and fun to shoot.

My next one will be tactical - not decided yet what to get. 22. for sure, this might be the place to find answers to my questions and share my passion for guns.....

Have a nice day,

Jan

Thanks guys!

techmike - yeah, lots of cool places to buy from here. Ellwood Epps is just 10 minutes away, sometimes hard NOT to stop there.....

Interesting to compare the gun-laws in Germany, Canada and in the US. Well - forget Germany, it took me forever (!) to get the license for my Glock 17, no fun at all!

Still learning about the differences in the laws between the US and Canada. While you guys wouldn't be allowed to buy my tactical shotgun (14 inch barrel - too short in the US), I am not allowed to buy a handgun with a short barrel (under 4 inches is too short in Canada).

Who can explain that?  ;D

Too bad, my dad was willing to hand over his Walther PPK, which is collecting dust in his safe for the last 25 years, shot only twice! But - it's not legal in Canada, classified as a prohibited firearm due to the short barrel.

Anyways - good to be here!  :beer:

Jan