Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Bought new toy today.....

Jan

Hi!

Just came back from Ellwood Epps, where I picked up a Savage 93F in 22 WMR, and mounted a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot scope.

The Bushnell fits great on the bolt action, one of the few Red Dot's that come with scope rings - and they are high enough to work the action without touching the scope.

I decided to stick with Savage (good experience so far), and took the 22 WMR over the 17 HMR. That was a last minute decision, they had both calibers in stock, the price is identical.

Red Dot - just so much fun to shoot with it. This one is the version where I can switch between 4 different sights....

Take it out the first time tomorrow and will let you know! Man, isn't that great? I am 42 years old, and when I buy a gun, I feel like a 6 years old on christmas morning....... So it's worth every cent!

Jan

post-595-144124371345_thumb.jpg

Yeah Christmas is over..... today on boxing day, I took my new toy out for a spin. Just put the first 50 rounds of CCI ammo through! OK, that thing is serious fun, a good step up from the 22LR, and shooting with that Bushnell Red Dot is awesome!!!

50 rounds and not one feeding problem, guess I can stick with that ammo. Just have to zero in the scope, and the squirrels will drop like flies! :-)

Jan