Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Ordered 3 Suppressors Today

imschur

It was a pretty costly adventure but I wanted to get it done as there's talks of Obama doing something about class III and NFA firearms. The guy I bought the Suppressors from is Major Malfunction. It should take about two weeks for him and my FFL to get approval on the transfers. Once the transfers are complete I need to do the form 4 for each. Thats $200 per tax stamp. If all goes well I should have the suppressors in hand late October early November.

I bought the following:

AAC Ti-RANT 45 (.45acp)

AAC 762-SDN-6 (7.62,6.8,5.56)

Silencerco Sparrow (.22lr)

While I can use a few of them for multiple calibers it is not as effective as using one of the correct caliber. Should I financially and legally be able to I wouldnt mind a dedicated 5.56 and maybe a 40 or 9mm

• 4 weeks later...

Well obviously I went with the FN. I am still waiting on the approval for Major Malfunction to ship my suppressors to my dealer. It's been nearly one month.

I may go to my dealer week after next and see if he has anything in stock just to get something going with the feds.

Three suppressors, FNP 45, Attorney fees. I still need to get two quick detach muzzle devices that are $100 each, threaded .22 barrel, three tax stamps and three transfer fees.

This is a financial nightmare but at least it will last a life time and none of it loses it's value. I am buying my retirement toys now.

Three suppressors, FNP 45, Attorney fees. I still need to get two quick detach muzzle devices that are $100 each, threaded .22 barrel, three tax stamps and three transfer fees.

This is a financial nightmare but at least it will last a life time and none of it loses it's value. I am buying my retirement toys now.

I'm with you there... But after what the markets have done the last month...Retirement...We don't need no stinking retirement... ;D

Signed

57 year old with a kid fixing to start his freshman year in college....Sigh... ;D

Unseen by you, my jaw has dropped open and is resting on the desk top whilst drool is severely damaging my keyboard.

My jaw is on the floor and my shoes are now getting damp.

Nice buys there and you might have spent the dept of a small 3rd world country  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

The suppressors are at my dealer. Will do the ATF paperwork tomorrow. While there Im probably going to order a 1911 frame for my Wilson/Marvel slide. I have been on the edge between Caspian and Wilson. Wilson is the way I want it but the Caspian will let me have a custom serial number which means a lot to me right now.

Anyhow if nothing goes wrong I should have my tax stamps by Christmas. Depending on how much some recent Vet bills are I may have to wait until October for the Model 41 threaded barrel from Clark Custom.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...