Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

and it starts

lmao_37

It won't be your local law enforcement that does the deed. Social Security admin has swat teams, hell - the department of education has it's own armed "police" force - STORY LINK. All park rangers are armed, armed Michigan DNR forces raided farms this year and forced farmers to kill their pigs because they were an "invasive species" (DNR denies this) but there are reports and pictures on the web. </tinfoil hat>

This is interesting....

"According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics' latest (2008) Census of Federal Law Enforcement Officers, the combined federal government agencies employ about 120,000 full-time law enforcement officers who are authorized to carry firearms and make arrests. That is roughly the equivalent of 40 officers per 100,000 U.S. residents. By comparison, there is one member of the U.S. Congress per 700,000 residents." :o

Guys I'm not looking to piss anyone off but I'm about politicked out. I've decided to drop the Ruger Forum. It is so politicised that the normal gun enjoyment cannot be had. I feel that Obama inherited 99% of the problems that the country is facing now. The health Act cannot bankrupt our country, he hasn't shipped the first job away, thank your Congress' open market policies and tax policies for the last 50 years for that. I don't care about his race, his daddy, etc, etc, etc. I feel the money people have raped the nation into the ground, and keeping them away from total government control is the only hope for the country. Normal business as usual by Congress has damned near RUINED America. And if the Speaker of the House can keep stalling any sort of corrective legislation then the country is doomed. That's my 2 cents worth. You won't hear anything else from me.

post-16-144124386207_thumb.jpg

Doug America has more guns than people- we have a LONG  history of civil disobedience. The fact is howl about guns all they want- they won't get them.....People will ignore any Supreme Court ruling. Remember Lincoln in the Civil war- his administration had arrested a very large number of Southern sympathisers and were holding all of them without charges. The Supreme Court said produce them in court and press charges or cut them loose NOW. Old Abe said to his advisors "We can't cut these people loose, they are a real threat to the Union's cause". What do you think he did? Why he NEVER answered the Court. He totally ignored them. THEY certainly couldn't come and get him. When the war was basically won, they were released. I think the same thing will happen with the guns- people will ignore the ruling. You couldn't buy a new gun but there would be plenty left in circulation. Same with ammo, I believe. :beer:

Of course I adimantly disagree with my esteemed colleague Rodent..(Yeah..I'm starting to sound like those freakn' commercials ;D) on almost every point he made..

But seeing as this is the thread where everyone gets one last chance to post..

The following quote pretty much summarizes my thoughts.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with a result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years."

Sir Alexander Fraser Tyler "Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic"

There..My last post on the subject..