Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Gun control

lmao_37

A bill introduced to the New Mexico legislature would create New Mexico's own NICS for private and gun show sales. We in the NRA and the NMSSA (NM Sports Shooters Association) are fighting it as hard as possible, hopefully we'll be able to defeat it. The bill violates the Gun control Act of 1968, and is unconstitutional under both the US and New Mexico Constitutions.

What your seeing too is shootings that happen everyday now the headline now matter how big or small with the exception of traditional inner city violence in cities like Chicago. i have always read a lot of news and these multiple shootings of families in such is not infrequent. Now in 2013 every shot is heard around the world.

Additionally all this exposure is shaking a lot of nuts out of the trees.

I would like to believe some of this conspiracy stuff but I keep thinking that these guys just are not that good. They are good at covering up and hiding the truth but not good at writing plots. imho

Research the LIBOR scandal between the fathers of the shooter in Colorado and CT.

http://shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/urgent-update-on-connecticut-shooting/

http://newsworldwide.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/update-ct-school-shooter-killer-link-to-libor-scandal/

conspiracy theory, well I don't think there is nothing that he wouldn't do. 

I'm not understanding this "Background Check" stuff.

Every firearm I have purchased, retail store, on-line and pick up at an FFL, or Gun Show, I've had to have a background check on every weapon I have purchased. And I live in Texas and have a CHL. Doesn't matter. Background check is required. Is there different laws where you guys are? Seems to me at least this call for mandatory background checks, is a law which is already in effect. Is the new presidential decree, concerning background checks, just dramatics for a law already in effect?

Well, it's their so called non-existent "gun show loophole". For instance - in California, there are no legal private sales. You want to sell a gun to a buddy, you both have to go to a gun store, nics check on your buddy, pay for the transfer, and surrender your gun for the 14 day waiting period, after which your buddy can pick it up, and it's all nice and registered with the state. They want the same for giving a gun to a family member..... They want that all over the country. Plus, let us be frank - they are lying to the people that do not know anything about guns, their ownership or use. Try to imaging yourself as NOT a gun owner, forget everything you know about handguns, rifles, shotguns, ammo, everything. Then, imagine you get all of your news from CBS at 5pm. Or equivalent. You would believe all that crap, and most likely be all for it. Evil guns. Hence the new term, "low information voter".

We must win the minds and hearts of the uninformed. Take a non-shooter to the range. Teach some one to shoot. Buy someone an annual NRA membership. Get involved. Write a letter to the editor of your local paper. (Not angry letters, we must remain calm. Until it's time to not remain calm) Remember, we are not only fighting the uninformed, we are fighting obama's election apparatus. </soap box>

I'm not understanding this "Background Check" stuff.

Every firearm I have purchased, retail store, on-line and pick up at an FFL, or Gun Show, I've had to have a background check on every weapon I have purchased. And I live in Texas and have a CHL. Doesn't matter. Background check is required. Is there different laws where you guys are? Seems to me at least this call for mandatory background checks, is a law which is already in effect. Is the new presidential decree, concerning background checks, just dramatics for a law already in effect?

I'm sure they want to go above and beyond the NICS requirement, most likely with an extensive waiting period, anything to make people unwilling to put up with the hassle. Supposely the FBI is not allowed to keep records of what gun and person was called in to check, not sure it happens that way. However the FFL are required to keep the 4473 for some ungodly length of time, which of course gives the BATFE access to them during their audits.