Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

.22lr ammo is out there

Elessar

Don't dispair, because the ammo is out there in small lots and it takes some looking.  I found some at Cabela's before it disappeared in a matter of minutes.  You have to be patient and keep looking.  I've been shopping for about six weeks.  I refuse to pay the crazy prices some places like CTD so when I found 36gr Remington's for .05 round, I jumped on it.  I also found some .40SW FMJ for .40 round too.  Keep looking and be ready to snap it up when you find it.

Saturday I went to my two LGS to check in..no go at my first stop, but almost walked out of there with a Buckmark, but the wife managed to talk me out of it, Yesterday while at a Wal-Mart, after a trip to Gander Mountain,  Sitting all by them selves on the stripped bare shelves was a stack of Winchester .380 only problem, I didn't own a .380 

Notice that was said past tense, the next stop was Sportsman Warehouse where I left with a Little Ruger LCP

My impulse purchases while ammo hunting is really putting a dent in my race car budget!

I'm not really looking, as I have >10K 22lr, but was at a Toledo gun show yesterday, some guy was asking $65 for a Federal 525 bulk pack.  :bang:

I've got about half that, but remember the days of going to the range and shooting a brick? When you're doing that how much is really enough?

I know what you mean, but the club I belong to only allows paper target shooting. I get bored at that fairly quickly. So, I don't really go through ammo all that quickly. Now if I was shooting at reactive targets, I couldn't get enough ammo for that!

Edited to add: Just found an interesting article about the shortage. Read it HERE.

I went to Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday to look for a bag for my new Savage. Didn't realize it was the day they received their shipments. What a mad house. The line to to counter dispensing ammo & powder was more than half the length of the store and it is a pretty big store. The gun counter was operating from a waiting list for each clerk, there were a lot of clerks working and each of them had more than a page list of people who had signed up when they opened at 9am. The cashier told me as I was leaving the line had gone across the parking lot and well over into the Costco lot next door and had started at noon the day before.

Interestingly everyone who was waiting in lines was doing so patiently, not the crumbling you see anywhere else when something like this happens. In my mind it shows just the decency of  people who participate in the outdoor sports hunting/shooting/fishing.

• 4 weeks later...